I have a problem with playback in Cubase 5. When i open a project most of the time I have no problem but sometimes there’s glitches in the audio witch seem to come from nowhere. When the glitches happen one of the cpu meters goes red for a very short time while when there’s no glitches the cpu stays around 2 - 5 %. This seems irrelevant the the number of tracks I simultaneously playback (i have tried with over 40 and with 1 and like i said sometimes there’s no problem sometimes there is). I use this exact same setup on 3 different systems and i only have this problem on my macbook. The other two pc’s are running Windows 7 and are working fine. I use the same hardware with all: a MOTU Ultralite (old version).
I have tried different settings with the audio priority, different lengths with the disk preload and turned on/off the multiprocessing option, this doesn’t seem to affect the behavior. Further more i am not sure how to change the I/O buffer size on my new mac with my MOTU but then again I don’t think that’s the problem since the glitches would happen at a regular base (in all projects each time I open them) and not on a random base as it happens now (sometimes no glitches for a whole project sometimes just one or two sometimes just too much to listen to). To be absolutely clear the glitches don’t happen all the time and are always in different places when they happen so i’m 100% sure it’s not in the audio itself.
To be honest i haven’t done days of research on this so please spare me if there’s already a post about this particular problem. I have found some posts about playback problems, none of them seemed to resemble my problem nor be a part of the solution.
Thx in advance,
Cubase 5.2.2 build 637
2.4 GHz core 2 duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
MOTU Ultralite (old version)