Playback templates not working

I’ve created a playback template for use with SSO 2024 Brass but when I try to load nothing happens. Even existing templates are ignored so something must be in the wrong place.

Ok… Can you explain how you want to be helped? I mean, without providing your playback template in a dorico file, anybody will just be guessing, and I’m quite confident this is not what you’re looking for! :wink:

Hasn’t NP just announced an SSO module for today’s NP update?

1 Like

Sure, but maybe Andy does not want to use the NPPE. And using a proper expression map is amongst Dorico’s tools.

1 Like

I don’t want to use NPPE. I will see what I can share that would assist explaining my difficulties. I’ve been suffering many power outages here in the Philippines due to national grid issues so that hasn’t helped my learning curve with Dorico.

1 Like

I think I’ve solved the problem. I needed relearn the connection between playing techniques and playback techniques. Now I’ve grasped the way that works I should make more progress.; If not I’ll be back … Thanks for your offer of help.

2 Likes

Update: Since my earlier reply I have successfully created UACC expression maps + playback techniques and matching playing techniques for SSO Strings, Brass and Woodwind using the All Techniques patches. The maps are in rudimentary form at present and cater for all the custom Spitfire Audio articulation types, but I will refine/simplify them over time to bring them more into line with Dorico conventions. Early tests indicate they are operating correctly in Dorico 5 Pro but I won’t share anything on the forum for the moment.

1 Like