Playback Templates Storage Location

Could anyone say where .dorico_pt files are stored? I’ve looked in the obvious places and conducted searches but not found them. They are clearly on my system somewhere!

Thank you

Are you asking about Page Templates or Playback Templates? Playback Templates can be exported as .dorico._pt files, not Page Templates. AFAIK, neither exists naturally in that format. Playback Templates live at Users\yournamehere\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Dorico 4\PlaybackTemplateSpecs in Windows.

Page Templates are contained in the file itself, or can be exported as doricolib files. When you open the doricolib file that info will be in the pagePairDefinitionSets context. If you want to save your Page Templates and have them come up automatically in any New file, I posted a walkthrough in this thread.

So sorry, the title should have read Playback Templates not Page Templates. That’s what I was asking about. EDIT:now corrected

Unfortunately I don’t see AppData after Users\myname. Do you have any idea why that might be?

Thanks, and apologies again for incorrect title.

Of course, it was a hidden folder. I forget about that as I don’t go there very often and find it better usually to have hidden folders switched off.

So now I’ve found it. Thanks again.

1 Like