Players not appearing in score

Hi you guys,

I’m facing a similar problem and can’t seem to fix it despite all the valuable advice in this thread and in the video linked above. I have only one flow in my project and cannot get to the Flute 1 part in that flow- the music has been created, the player seems to be linked to the flow, but no Flute 1 part. Could you please help?
Thanks in advance!

Not sure how, but you deleted the Flute 1 layout somehow. Click at the bottom of the layouts panel to create a new part layout, and check the FLute 1 player box to assign the Flute 1 to that layout.

As always, you saved me, Dan. Thanks!

OMG, I’ve literally just spent around 3 hours trying everything I can think of, reading through the manual to get a player to show up. You’ve explained what I could not figure out - just a simple checkbox gets my invisible player onto the playing field?!! Unbelievable.

Something needs addressing here. If I import MIDI parts, it’s not automatically added to the full score, or at least not how I just did it. Frustrating.

Just knowing that one checkbox was all I needed would have saved me time and saved my poor hair!

Sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience. I think the UI regarding flows, layouts, and players is brilliant actually, and not cryptic.

If you’re stuck, don’t hesitate to ask on the forum next time. You’ll get a reply in short order!

For the record, XML imports are a little similar. Newly-added players don’t get assigned to the imported flow automatically. Tripped me up at first.

I totally agree with Mobius. I just wasted an hour trying to figure this out. I added my players to my layout (choir+piano), but had no idea they also separately had to be added to the flow. Shouldn’t we at least get a UI differentiation in the player’s card if it’s not assigned to any flow?

The UI differentiation is that when you select an unassigned player, nothing else lights up; just as when you select an flow with no players, or an unused layout, nothing else lights up.

Welcome to the forum, USHLT. As I replied to Moibus, please ask here or on the FB Dorico group if you’re stuck. Quite a few users are very active here, as well as the Dorico team themselves. This really is one of the most active user forums that I know of.

I hate to see fellow users waste time on issues that we could help them with.

Thanks, it just takes a while to figure out what and how to ask. The mindset for Dorico is quite different from Sibelius (mostly in a good way).