Playhead scrolling in Galley view

Has this been fixed or is it still in the works?

Unfortunately as yet we have been unable to reliably reproduce the problem in-house, which means that we cannot yet fix it.

For the time being you should find that closing and reopening the project alleviates the problem. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

In galley view, is there an option to fix the playhead once it reaches the centre and then have the music scroll right to left?

I can’t find an option for this but I may be looking in the wrong place.

If there is such option, it’s in the general preferences>Play
Well, it appears there is not. The only option is to follow playhead during playback.

Evening Marc …

I checked there and then I thought it might be under Playback Preferences. Then I got all excited and wondered whether there was a Windows preference that I’d been missing all this time. (joke)

Hopefully, it’ll come along one day although it occurs to me that it might be a bit systems intensive. I certainly think it’s the best form of playback for a video of the score.

In galley view … an option to fix the playhead once it reaches the centre and then have the music scroll right to left?

+1 yes

We totally need this!

I have not seen this phenomenon in any version of Dorico for at least a year now… maybe longer.

I’d have said the bug was tracked and permanently and comprehensibly squashed a long time ago.

(Speaking as one for whom it used to appear almost every session :slight_smile:. )

Playhead following the score in galley view (and in page view) has always worked fine for me.

Having the galley view optionally scroll smoothly underneath a fixed playhead would be sweet, for sure, but it’s just a nice-to-have, for me. (I’d much rather see a feature for making playback videos, like Sibelius has.)