Playhead Stutter with Sus Pedal

I’m having a strange issue with the GUI since I upgraded from Cubase 12 Elements to Artist. The playhead stutters on playback when I press or depress the sustain pedal on my keyboard.
I’m using an S88 NI Komplete Kontrol with an M-Gear sus pedal. No problems with any other midi CC data going in and the audio doesn’t stutter, just the visual playhead.
This happens during recording and playback and I can trigger it during playback when the track is armed.
Strangely I didn’t have this issue when I used Elements, it’s only since I upgraded to Artist. Maybe something that was added to the UI is lagging but I can’t tell what.

Any help diagnosing this is appreciated!

System:
Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz
Nvidia RTX 2070 Super (latest studio drivers)
48GB RAM
SSDs with several hundred GB free

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Isn’t the pedal adorned to any function in the Kimmie Kontrol component by any chance?

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve tried Kontakt as well as the Komplete Kontrol instrument and tried several different piano plugins as well and they all have this issue. It’s just the standard CC64 that should only be mapped to sustain. I also used MIDI-OX to double check that is the only CC info that is sent when I press the pedal.