Playing a score

Thanks for clarification
I hope it will be soon possible to make full advantage of HAlion and HAlion Sonic

Well i doesn’t matter if i use HAlion SE , HAlion Sonic . HAlion
All Vst use a master channel or main channel for the piano , so muting in the mixer is not possible, because all other channels are muted too
Or do i miss something ?

If you’re working with HSSE and the regular HSSE playback template, there’s no need to manually assign instruments to VST slots. Just add the players in Setup mode, put some notes in in Write mode, and let Dorico assign the instruments to channels automatically. If you do it this way, you’ll get a mixer that looks like this:

Thanks!
Great that’s it, i must use a template HSSE then ( this template must be made by the developers of Dorico ? )
Well its my own fault that it takes so much time , because i did not study the manual thoroughly

Yeah, just go Play > Playback Template, select whichever one applies to your version of Dorico (the names end with “SE”, “Elements” or "Pro), then Apply and Close. That should get you back to the defaults.

HSO ( halion symphonic orchestra) is also used by me for learning
Next step is a Kontakt library …

HSO ( Halion Symphonic Orchestra) that library i am using also for learning orchestral composing.
In HAlion is HSO it easier to use then in HAlion SE or Sonic( no, i see the tab L1 … ) , because its easy to go to the macro page of a instrument to chance there something.
By default the HSO sounds are set on Modulation wheel , so in order to hear them in Dorico, i must chance the expression controller to : velocity.

Dorico supposes that most folks will access the HSO sounds through the HALion SE Player (HSSE) rather than through the HSO player.

With Halion its a easier handling of the HSO library and one can use all sounds of it

Using a solo player piano and adding a stringsection plus a staff label and using the hso template gives a strange naming :slight_smile: ?
setup violool naam fout.gif

Yes, sometimes Dorico’s automatic numbering works a bit too well… In Setup, click on the > next to player, then on the > next to the instrument, and choose Edit names… There you can remove the unnecessary 1 in in both violins. Or change the second violin part in ‘Violins 2’. Then the names are different and Dorico will not try to number them.

Thanks
Yes, some corrections to be made by the developers