playing same external instrument on multiple tracks...

hello !

i got a waldorf synth… cofigured as midi intrumlent in cubase… with all IN and MIDI.

i cant create another track to play a melody from the same instrument , both to play them 2 or to play one time 1 one time the second track… it’s in use…

can u help me plz ?

You’ll have to explain that better. If I understand, you want one VSTi to play different parts using different sounds? The VSTi would have to be able utilize different MIDI channels. You’d set up one track on channel 1 to play say a piano and another MIDI track set to channel 2 to play a string section, for example.

hello and thx for Fast answer… iwell i keep searching and found that :

and to answer you : NO i dont use any VSTi… its a waldorf blofeld…

(i run groove agent on some traxx but…)

i play one midi track live with 1 melody… on waldorf blofeld (instrument track)

i just want to play antoher track with same external instrument to play another melody…

(i would like to play them both track 1 & 2 together… via mute / solo or anything…)

sry my french.
edit : listen me >

i play the same “patch” on my synth … not in multimode…

i just want to play 1 melody of same instrument on each tracks… but it say it’s in use when i create the same instrument track with the new melody…
…editing…

For external devices you need to use a MIDI track and as stated in that post, the instrument would have to transmit on different MIDI channels and have multiple outputs to be multi-timbral.

sry man i dont understand… speak easy english-cubasish plz :slight_smile:

i prevent u if i arrive to find a solution … working on…

ah by the way, i work on a loop … so i not use different melody’s on same track intrument…

i try to play the blofeld on another track… but solo this track.

ahhh…don´t use intrument-track then…instead load your instrument via F11…use a normal miditrack and choose your instrument there.

i think it solved it…

HARDLY…

edit: it seems its kinda like using 2 midi traxx and an audio return for this…

but when i use intrument my latency is ok AND SYNCHRO WITH VSTI… but now with midi traxx it is not good… why ?

got saffire focusrite pro 24 windows 7 x64 4GB RAM…

NVM it works on a new trax… i gonna look whats wrong on my last… thx 4 all :wink:

EDIT : THAT IT PERFECT :smiley:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDddd :laughing: