Playing selected instrument

Hi, I write a score for an orchestra using NotePerformer. I would like to play just one instrument (one part). If I select one bar of this instrument (a whole bar not a single note), Dorico still plays all instruments together. If I select more than one bar of some particular instrument, Dorico plays correctly. Is it a bug or do I do something wrong?

I got it…I selected a bar, which contains a long note going through many bars…So there have to be at least two of them…But anyway - if I select this single note and all the rests in a bar as well, Dorico still plays everything. I thought if there is selected more the one sign (rest or note), Dorico will recognise it as a multiple selection…

Tied notes are classed as single items (unless you’ve tied a note in one voice to a note in another voice) and implicit rests aren’t classed as items. You need to select two or more items on a stave in order for playback to be soloed.

Thank you, I understand…I was just expecting selection of the bar will do it as well. No matter, that there is a one single note in it…

By the way - interesting - if I select rests in more then one part on a beginning of the bar (no notes are selected), Dorico plays JUST selected voices. Thats why I was surprised - like you pianoleo, said - selecting few signs (notes and rests) on a ONE SINGLE part doesn’t lead to the same result…

The idea behind this is that if you inadvertently select e.g. a note and a slur because you’re quite zoomed out, Dorico should still play back everything rather than just one instrument.

Hm…But still - I think logical would be a following behavior: if I select a bar with all the rests and just one single note in it, Dorico should play one voice only. If I select in this bar a single note, no matter with or without a slur, Dorico shoold play everything. Just my opinion…