Playing Technique: marc. vs. marcato

Hello,

some of the Playing Techniques exist in full word (martellato), some in abbreviated form (pizz.).

How can I write [Shift-P] marc. , the abbreviated form of ‘marcato’ ?

If I use the Text Popover [Shift-X] marc. the text font is in a different size and I have to leave the Popover with the Escape-key instead of the Enter-key.

I might be overlooking something, also I remember asking a similar question here, but can not find the answer…

I asked for the same subject about a year ago and I’m really waiting for improvement - I think/hope, Daniel and his team have this on their list (as Daniel stated).
see: Suggestion for improvement in Dorico - play instructions - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

If I may, I would like to add one thing to the topic:
It’s great that some articulations also exist as playing techniques, but I really would like to see more/all of them being available.
Why is there “marcato”, but not “staccato” or “tenuto”?

Some of these ‘musical expressions’ can not easily be categorised. This probably makes it difficult to fulfil the programming logic in Dorico.
What for example would be ‘pesante’… not really a tempo mark, not a dynamic, not a playing technique, more a way of playing?

Hi, k_b!
I’m talking solely about articulations like those that can be added via the control panel on the left:

• If a whole passage is meant to be played marcato, I can write “marcato” as playing technique without adding hundreds of “>” signs to all the notes.
  • If I want a whole passage to be played staccato or tenuto, I would think that the same thing should be possible, but those playing techniques are not available as text. (Of course I could add them as regular text, but that would not affect playback.)

Of course, as well adding staccato as text, you could put hidden staccato marks over all the notes affected–but now we run up against the Dev Team’s aversion to hiding things. Hope they will take this into considerations for situations like this.