In my searches for solutions to fingering charts (specifically for bass clarinet) I’ve come across a pretty good one that is font based, meaning that the font itself includes instrument fingering templates and individual ‘closed’ fingerings that you can type on top of those.
I wanted to streamline the input method for this using the new Playing Techniques editor, so I can create various fingering and assign an intuitive popup to each, i.e. 103406 would correspond to the chart with the 1st, 3rd, 4th and 6th keys closed.
But I couldn’t find a way to do this.
- Selecting “Text” type only lets you choose from Dorico’s internal Font Styles - no access to general system fonts.
- Selecting “Glyph” does allow you to access any font but there are several problems with this too:
- seems like not all the font characters are there
- it would be great to have an input field so one could type in the characters
- Even when finding (just one) of the required glyphs, for some reason it appeared much too big to ‘handle’ even in the lowest zoom setting.
Am I missing something or is this not yet (easily) supported?