Playing techniques not switching at the correct time

I have created a custom EM for a violin patch in the EW Symphonic Orchestra Gold library. I’ve only added a couple playing techniques so far, but before I finish I wanted to address the issue I’m having. It’s working fairly well, and I will share it with anyone interested once completed. The EM is for the 11 Violons KS Master patch. I’ve created a playing technique for Natural, Staccato, and Martele. In my pieces there is a measure of 8th notes using the Martele technique which transitions back to a measure with half notes using the Natural technique. No matter where I place the “nat.” (which is properly setup in the EM), the first half note of the new measure still plays as Martele. I also tried dragging the end handle for the Martele technique back a note or two at the end of the 8th notes measure and still no luck. “nat.” and Martele are also in mutually exclusive groups. There must be something simple I’m missing and if anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would be grateful!!! Thanks!!

Try reducing the amount of humanisation on the Timing page of Playback Options to see if that helps. At the moment, Dorico doesn’t always successfully shift the keyswitches or other MIDI instructions associated with a change in playing technique by the same amount as the note itself, which is something we will address in the future.

No luck. Reduced to 0% and same issue. Not a deal breaker. Can work around it for now, and hopefully newer versions will have a fix. Thanks for your help!

Certainly this is on Paul’s radar and he will address this in due course, though I can’t say for sure when that will be. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime.