PLE - select inside range

Hello, I’ve been searching the forum and google for 2 hours now, tried every option I could think of…

I have a PLE to hide empty MIDI and audio tracks, it works great:

yet I wanted to modify it, because I have many midi tracks in my templates with a short midi-clip at the beginning of each track, to set the proper expression map. So I included this line:
position → bigger or equal > 10000 > samples

but that won’t work.
I tried with “inside bar range” “outside bar range”. I placed that same line inside the editor at every position, varying parenthesis options etc…
As soon as I add Filter Target → Position, nothing happens. Even in an empty PLE. What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

First of all, I would add a brackets to the 1st PLE. As far as I understand it, there are 3 conditions:

• Container Type is Track AND
  • Media Type is Audio OR MIDI
  • Event is Empty.

So I would write it this way:
( Container Type is | Equal | Track | And
( Media Type is | Equal | Audio | Or
Media Type is | Equal | MIDI | ) | And
Property | Property is set | Event is Empty

To the 2nd PLE, if I understand it, you want to hide even a MIDI tracks, which have only a short MIDI event at the beginning, right? I’m thinking about it, but so far, I have no idea. Here you can see, how to Searching for Elements at Specific Positions. I was thinking about something like:
( Position | Inside Range | 2.1.1.0 | 999.1.1.0 PPQ | And
Property | Property is set | Event is Empty )
to make sure, Cubase would search if only in this range is empty. But it doesn’t work neither. I’m afraid, I can’t search for non-events in range this way.

Thanks martin for checking on this.
PLE1: yeah, I guess its supposed to have brackets, but it works perfectly fine always, so I didn’t change anything.

PLE2: same for me, there was no way to make it work. Oh well, maybe I’ll figure out a different solution.