PLE Visibility: How to Show/Hide VST instrument tracks (rack instruments)

I may be missing something here, but is there any way to show/hide VST Instrument output/automation tracks in the project window when using rack instruments?

There doesn’t seem to be a media type in the PLE for VST output and VST automation tracks…

Hi,

Audio Returns of the Instrument Tracks are an Automation tracks.

Mm… So rack instrument audio returns and rack instrument automation tracks don’t have their own media type in the PLE.

But when I go to Filter Track Types in the Track Visibility toolbar buttons and uncheck ‘Other Tracks’, Cubase hides rack instrument audio returns and rack instrument automation tracks, but keeps showing the regular automation lanes on audio/MIDI tracks, so it does differentiate there, which is great. So would it be possible to assign a KC to Show/Hide Other Tracks? Or replicate the ‘Other Tracks’ filter in the PLE?

HI,

I just tried this PLE:

Target
Media Type Is > Equal > Automation

Action
-empty-

Function
Select

=> Works. Instrument Track Audio returns become selected, and Instrument Racks Audio Returns become selected.

Then I changed it to:

Target
Media Type Is > Equal > Automation

Action
Track Operation > Hide Track > Toggle

Function
Transform

=> No Instrument Track Audio Return or Instrument Rack Audio Return becomes hidden. Only the Inputs and Outputs Channels become hidden.