Please add Tempo and Meter changes - Tempo Track

Hi, please add a Tempo Track where we can insert dynamic tempo and meter changes! It would really make Cubasis 3 a more powerful iOS DAW!

2 Likes

Hi @A_Pej,

Thank you for your feature suggestion.

While Tempo / Signature track support remains on our list for quite some time, the feature is unlikely to be added short- or mid-term due to the technical costs unfortunately.

Nevertheless, we hope to add it at some point in the future. Alongside, we are working on the next Cubasis updated which will include great new user-requested features.

Thanks,
Lars

hi @LSlowak , to be honest, I don’t understand that the tempo track is still that far off in the priority list. The tempo, or rather more or less pronounced or subtle changes in tempo, are one of the most important ways of expressing almost any music. At least that was the case for many centuries until the introduction of computer music. Without a tempo and time signature track, Cubasis is not a serious DAW like Cubase, in my opinion, but rather a musical tool for certain types of electronic music.
If the addition of this feature can only be implemented with great effort, then it might be due to the original conception of Cubasis 3.
Even for very early versions of Cubase and other DAWs, the tempo was a matter of course.

Thank you!

I also do not understand why they don’t address this.

It’s missing badly…

I like the popup prompt here that asks ‘do you want to continue this old conversation?’. Yes, I definitely do want to do that :slight_smile:

I’d love a tempo track too.

I recently resorted to creating a Mozaic script to generate a click track using various time signatures and speeds that i can play along to, and i kind of like feeling connected to the musical pioneers of yesteryear with my low tech solution, but in this day and age a tempo track should be possible, right?

2 Likes

Agree. This is my first message on this forum, and this is my #1 ask of Cubasis. I bought Cubasis 3 when it was first released and I’ve been waiting patiently for better time signature support, and in particular, support for tempo changes (tempo track support). All of my (audio) recordings are layered on top of MIDI tracks, and I have to go “off the grid” to do very basic things like ritard (slow down the tempo) at the end of a song. That means I have to record all my MIDI tracks free form without any tempo support, and as a result I lose the ability to quantize or make any timing adjustments, other than moving MIDI notes around free form (which is problematic at best, since it’s very difficult to align timing across tracks).

This is such basic functionality for music recording, I can’t believe we’re still waiting for this - very disappointed. I love Cubasis 3 - it’s touch interface is so elegant - but I may be forced to abandon it for another iOS DAW, or abandon iOS, for serious music production. Such a shame.

1 Like