Please add Tempo and Meter changes - Tempo Track

Hi, please add a Tempo Track where we can insert dynamic tempo and meter changes! It would really make Cubasis 3 a more powerful iOS DAW!

9 Likes

Hi @A_Pej,

Thank you for your feature suggestion.

While Tempo / Signature track support remains on our list for quite some time, the feature is unlikely to be added short- or mid-term due to the technical costs unfortunately.

Nevertheless, we hope to add it at some point in the future. Alongside, we are working on the next Cubasis updated which will include great new user-requested features.

Thanks,
Lars

hi @LSlowak , to be honest, I donā€™t understand that the tempo track is still that far off in the priority list. The tempo, or rather more or less pronounced or subtle changes in tempo, are one of the most important ways of expressing almost any music. At least that was the case for many centuries until the introduction of computer music. Without a tempo and time signature track, Cubasis is not a serious DAW like Cubase, in my opinion, but rather a musical tool for certain types of electronic music.
If the addition of this feature can only be implemented with great effort, then it might be due to the original conception of Cubasis 3.
Even for very early versions of Cubase and other DAWs, the tempo was a matter of course.

Thank you!

3 Likes

I also do not understand why they donā€™t address this.

Itā€™s missing badlyā€¦

1 Like

I like the popup prompt here that asks ā€˜do you want to continue this old conversation?ā€™. Yes, I definitely do want to do that :slight_smile:

Iā€™d love a tempo track too.

I recently resorted to creating a Mozaic script to generate a click track using various time signatures and speeds that i can play along to, and i kind of like feeling connected to the musical pioneers of yesteryear with my low tech solution, but in this day and age a tempo track should be possible, right?

2 Likes

Agree. This is my first message on this forum, and this is my #1 ask of Cubasis. I bought Cubasis 3 when it was first released and Iā€™ve been waiting patiently for better time signature support, and in particular, support for tempo changes (tempo track support). All of my (audio) recordings are layered on top of MIDI tracks, and I have to go ā€œoff the gridā€ to do very basic things like ritard (slow down the tempo) at the end of a song. That means I have to record all my MIDI tracks free form without any tempo support, and as a result I lose the ability to quantize or make any timing adjustments, other than moving MIDI notes around free form (which is problematic at best, since itā€™s very difficult to align timing across tracks).

This is such basic functionality for music recording, I canā€™t believe weā€™re still waiting for this - very disappointed. I love Cubasis 3 - itā€™s touch interface is so elegant - but I may be forced to abandon it for another iOS DAW, or abandon iOS, for serious music production. Such a shame.

5 Likes

I need this feature every day. I am forced to change tempo to higher and then readjust MIDI notes to higher tempo ( make them longer). This is lot of unnecessary work.

Even KORG DS-10 - cartridge for Nintendo DS can do tempo change.

If meter changes are more difficult to implement then release version with tempo changes only. It will cover all my use cases.

1 Like

Hello.

I came here writing my very first comment on the forum to support and also ask the implementation of tempo&time signature change in the same song.

Itā€™s basic DAW feature, I mean if no tempo/time sig change there is a large lot of musical styles and creativity you left out of your app.
Having accurate tempo through a reliable metronome is KEY for any serious musical act nowadays.

The overall experience is very good, it is a intuitive and powerful portable DAW until now but the lack of tempo/time sig change is very disappointing, maybe if I knew it before I would search for other option.
Hope you can consider it very soon and became the PRO alternative for mobile music record and perform.

Regards

3 Likes

Frankly, it is ridiculous that Cubasis does not have tempo and time signature track. Omission of such an essential compositional tool actually demotes the app to nothing more than a novel musical sketchpad.

Lays waste to massive potential, this really does.

All the best,
-j-

3 Likes

Iā€™ve done a thing!

Using AUM and Mozaic (auv3) it is possible to record an automated tempo track into Cubasis by making use of Ableton Link.

See here for details:

And now itā€™s proven to be ā€˜easyā€™ surely something like this technique, either using CC or PitchBend (think of it just as a 14bit value and it doesnā€™t seem so bad) automation and assigning to tempo wouldnā€™t take long to productize?

Apple has brought tempo track to logic for ipad. Now we can either switch or you get this feature delivered in time. It is not like the forum is full of requests to get this since at least 5 years.

Seems like a long shot to add it. You could use NanoStudio 2 until you ready for the final mixā€¦then mixdown the stems and bring to Cubasis for mix/master.

For Meter changes, you could just set to 4/4 and ignore the beat numbers and make whatever meter changes you want.
For tempo, no workarounds I know of :slight_smile:

Weā€™ve been waiting too long, my friends at Steinberg. I bought ver. 2 being sure we would get tempo and meter changes soon. Then I bought ver. 3 with the same hope. Tempo changes is one of the main things that make the difference between a professional or an amateur musician. Without meaning any disrespect, I have to say: at the moment, because of the lack of tempo and meter changes Cubasis is only good for beatmakers not for serious musicians. And you know it. When we are away from our tablets and computers we could really use our phones to do a bit more than a simple short beat sketch. The iPhone is very capable in processing power and the programming/implementation of tempo changes is not as difficult as you would have us believe. I am a programmer myself. I know itā€™s complicated but itā€™s not that complicated- to take three, five years. You have a team of programmersā€¦ not just one or two or three people, right? You just need a bit more PASSION for music and for the Steinberg musical community. Mind you, Iā€™m not upset, at least you didnā€™t promiseā€¦ butā€¦ we could really use this. Yes, I am frustrated, cause I donā€™t have a good DAW on my phone.
Logic got ahead on the iPad. You have the chance to get ahead of them on the iPhone. I only bought Cubasis to have A REAL DAW on the phone. A good one. I donā€™t have it yet.
We all know a good capable DAW will appear at some point on iPhone because people need it. I hope that will be Cubasis, it has good potential, nice virtual instruments, etcā€¦
I love you. All the best!
Alex

1 Like

I hope you consider tempo change a ā€˜great new featureā€™. Such a new Cubasis would make us happy!

Hi @Alexandru_Achim,

Tempo/Signature track support remains on our list, but will take some time stillā€¦

Best,
Lars

1 Like

this is on feature request since 2016!!! how much time will it take you? at least tell your community

1 Like

I canā€™t believe Cubasis 3.5 still doesnā€™t have a Tempo Track

iPads and Phones, especially with the M2 chips - are more than capable of running the full version

This would be another good solution

But no tempo track is simply lazy

Hello,

Tempo change is really the last missing feature which prevents many of us using Cubasis as our main DAW !

Steinberg, pleaaase, add this feature in a near future release.

Weā€™re begging you

1 Like

Hi all,

Itā€™s on our list unchangedā€¦

Best,
Lars

1 Like