Please, advice on new DAW build

Hi, guys. After some research I’ve decided to go the i7 2600 route. Here’s the setup I’m planning:

CPU: Core i7 2600K
RAM: 16GB = 2x Kingston HyperX 8GB Kit (2 x 4096MB) DDR3 1600MHz PC3 12800
MOBO: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 (rev. 1.x)

Already got the i7 2600k and the RAM, the mobo is still negotiable, but can’t be any more expensive than that.

I want to buy a budget PCI with solid ASIO drivers soundcard. The models I’m thinking of are:

a) M-Audio Audiophile 192
b) M-Audio Delta 1010lt
c) ESI Juli@
d) EMU 0404 PCIe

I’ll be essentially producing using 24 bits /44.1-48 Khz only.

I’ve had a mixed experience with an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 many years ago, but many swear by their interfaces today, so I’d like to know how they behave with newer setups and Windows 7 x64.

Which are your experiences with these interfaces? And since I’m sending the analog outputs from my XENYX 802, which will get me lower input noise in your opinion? Also, will PCI Express give more stability and lower latency than PCI?

I’m also after a cheap but good and quiet cooler. I like Zalman and Noctua coolers, but I’m open to suggestions.

Any help appreciated.

P.S.: WIll my Corsair HX520 - 520W do the job, pins and power?

Thanks

Nobody has any experience on these equipment?

Thanks

i dont care for ESI or EMU so m-audio… i dont have any issues with the 192
the 520 is bordline as long as you are not adding a bunch of drives and UADs or big video card

The HX520 works with my current configuration, and I have 4 SATA drives, an optical drive, and an Nvidia GT220. Since I’m getting rid of two SATA to get one new 6.0GB for samples, I should have no problems then?

I was tending to M-Audio, so that’s good news.

Thanks

I’ve been using a Delta Audiophile 24/96 for a number of years - it’s been a faultless card and the sp/dif inputs/outputs are helpful in terms of giving 4 ins and outs intotal. M-Audio are poretty good about updating drivers and I’ve had my card wortking with Vista and Windows 7 64 bit.

Steve.

Hi. When you get your system built and tested, can you post exactly what you bought? I’m gonna build a new system.

I’ve had a 2496 many years ago with a system I don’t even remember. As I said, I had mixed feelings, but not bad enough to avoid M-Audio, that’s why I’m going to try it again. And all the latest reviews and opinions are favorable to them, so that’s good. I’m going for a Delta 1010lt or an Audiophile 192, depending on the best opportunity. Glad they’re working fine with W7 x64 for you.

Sure, as soon as I manage to test it, I’ll be posting my complete setup and experiences here.

Look forward to it. Thanks