Please: do not cancel the XMap dialog without warning.

ESC while working inside the Expression Map dialog box (and its text input fields) and it just remains a nasty curse …

greeting
Bertram

Bitte: nicht den XMap-Dialog ohne Warnung abbrechen.
ESC während der Arbeit innerhalb des Expression-Map-Dialogfensters (und seinen Text-Eingabefeldern) und es bleibt nur ein böser Fluch …
Gruß
Bertram

That’s a good point. We’ll look into adding a confirmation dialog when you click Cancel.

May I request an override for such warnings, then? It’s always bothered me, when I ask for something of my computer, that it asks me (sometimes more than once!) if I’m sure, really, really sure, that’s what I want.

No, I think in this instance it really is too easy to cancel out of the Expression Maps dialog unintentionally.

Daniel, I wasn’t asking for this not to be an option, but, yes, an option

No, I’m not going to add an option for whether or not you get warned about cancelling the Expression Maps dialog. We cannot (will not) add an option for every behaviour of the program.

Understood

It is a common situation to cancel the entry in a text entry field with ESC. In this case too, the dialog box is closed without warning and unexpectedly and all changes are lost.
greeting
Bertram

Es ist eine übliche Situation, die Eingabe in einem Text-Eingabefeld mit ESC abzubrechen. Auch in diesem Fall wird aber ohne Warnung und unerwartet das Dialogfenter geschlossen und alle Änderungen sind verloren.

Gruß
Bertram