Please.....get a grip

It’s all about etiquette of forum use and having the respect for the company you purchased from , we all use the program together so there’s no need to get snobby , i personally don’t give a toss if your a pro or bedroom mixer it’s the way glitches are reported and labeled a BUG which is really annoying and needs sorting …

come on trolls time to play ! :wink:

I don’t care if anyone is pro or bedroom either. The snobby people are the ones who come across all important while at the same time not having a clue, who denigrate those who point out the (usually quite obvious) solutions.
The distinction is not between pro and non-pro but the sensible and well thought out against plain ranting for ranting’s sake. A little rant is allowed now and then as we’ve all been there.
I don’t want a hand picked forum. It’s just the ones who say I do want one of their own where nobody interferes with the ranting crew. And I do try not to get personal and make unfounded remarks about others. I leave that to those who fall below my own low standards. :mrgreen:

SB are making tools that serve (and are fit for) a particular purpose. The power vested in V7 for example as it relates to Chord Tools for instance is sheer and utter brilliance for a song writer, which can bring new ideas to fruition much more quickly than in the past as you can now know what chords you are using at any one time simply by selecting a few notes.

This tool can suit pro’s as well as amateurs because not always are we listening but sometimes need a visual reference and Cubase 7 offers the perfect solution in this case.

cool. well anyways, I’m not really looking for trouble. typically I’m pretty self sufficient when it comes to learning and troubleshooting (hence the low post count), just poking my head in since v7 came out. dont know if that’s considered trolling…

Conman, you da man. with your standards and all. I feel for you pro guys who have to put up with diva BS in the studio…“can you make it sound like this or that”… something I cant handle.

One of the problems is the amount of exaggeration many people use. It is in general and not just on this forum, of course. It is a way of life for many people which I find extremely annoying.
J.L.

jesus what a bunch of self-important, condescending windbags there are in here.

True but it is still better in here than the old forum was. Whew!
{‘-’}

Which leads to thoughts of all the $$$$
Steinbergs/Yamaha marketing department have created.

And I do not expect them to stop that activity any time soon.

Still I am totally enjoying C7.
{‘-’}

I’d not want SB to ever stop appealing to pro/semi-pro/amateur/newbie etc because quite simply, more customers equals better applications overall.

+1
{‘-’}

Aloha guys,

I just re-posted this message from Chris (in the old forum from two years ago)
which was supposed to put the ‘kibosh’ on much of what this topic is about.

As requested, the individual product forums will only be available for registered Steinberg customers from now on.

I guess the beat (still) goes on.

{‘-’}

(Sigh)… M. Graham_Simmonds, please… get a grip. Sorry, but i don’t think this kind of condescending post ‘needed to be said’.

Firstly, because each and every musician/producer (from his bedroom/livingroom/cave/studio or wherever) already knows what you stated concerning the setup needed.

Secondly, because I don’t think that there are so much more rants than from previous major Cubase releases. I admit that there are a lot of threads which have been opened last week : but more than ranting, it shows that there are indeed a lot of issues that need solutions. And Steiny has received the message 5 on 5, delivering a new update in the days to come, only 2 weeks after the initial C7 release.

Did you browse other forums of the same kind ? The situation in them are more or less the same, simply because the majority of posts are from fellows who stumbled on an issue and don’t know how to solve it, not from satisfied ones. And they come with more or less frustrated feelings. This is how the mankind is and we all have to do with it. Obvious, but as we are here to deliver such statements… And believe me : your thread will not prevent me to post my feelings when I want to call up a frustrating issue. Doing so is useful sometimes, sadly : just remember the removed ‘transparent’ audio events, all the reactions which followed and Steiny one…

I don’t mean that anyone should feel free to do whatever he/she wants, but the mods here are watchful enough, I think, and Steiny forums are well-known outside for this.

I believe that 99% of us here are adult enough to immediatly know what is pure rant and what is anger coming from a true issue. And if there are posts that shock you so, there is a little icon at the top of each and every reply called ‘Report this post’. Hope you noticed it already…

Dear Dup - I joined the forum on the 6th December but I first bought Steinberg Pro-24 in 1984 when I worked as a sound engineer/producer until I gave up in 1990. I then have continued to use Cubase as a “hobbyist” through every iteration upto C7. I too have been here since the beginning.

Thank you, for what was possibly an even more condescending reply than my original post!

Anyway, I think you possibly missed the point that I was trying to make. I was never saying that fellow Cubase users should not report issues on the forum. Far from it. I just think some people need to engage their brains as a lot of things reported here are not related to the C7 release but to existing issues with their set up which C7 has exacerbated.

The other is that the people who you are hoping will help you ie Steinberg are human beings and deserve your respect as such. The level of effort put in to C7 is evident and it is by far the most successful major upgrade they have ever released (and I should know having bought them all since the beginning). It is amazing how a little charm and politeness can help when telling someone about a genuine problem. You will find it gets fixed far quicker!

My post was not about what bothers me personally. I can always stop reading it I find it puerile or offensive. It is about putting valid points to Steinberg without the accompanying unnecessary negativity. Yes you may be frustrated but if you want someone to do something for you, clarity and a bit of charm always gets a result.

I agree - glad to welcome you to our exclusive club Mr Holloway!

1. It’s up to you to consider it as such : let’s all other members judge…

2. And, according to you, how comes that C7 ‘exacerbate’ existing issues under the hood ?

3. ‘…most successful’ : it’s up to you to think so, but considering all the threads opened recently, I’d like you to admit that there are several problems remaining and Steiny reaction leaves no doubt about it… I delayed the upgrade, waiting to see to which extent Steiny will deliver the needed fixes.

4. In what world are you living ? Sadly again (I already gave an example…), it’s not always the case. And, please, don’t think about it as an approvement about ranting behavior.

[quote=“cubic13”]
2) And, according to you, how comes that C7 ‘exacerbate’ existing issues under the hood ?

Cubic13 - you are going to think that this too is patronising but I will answer the question you pose. By its very nature C7 is an upgrade. By definition it will require more resource than previous versions. If you have an existing issue with your setup C7 will only make it worse.

Sorry but I am not going to answer your other comments as they are just personal attacks on my opinion. If you want a response from me, you need to moderate your language.

1. I’m wondering if you really knows what you are talking about… Resources are about CPU speed, RAM at disposal, disk settings and updated drivers… Not about misbehaving features in Cubase. Stating each time that someone reports a problem that his/her system is not up to the task is quite easy, don’t you think ?

2. This is indeed patronising : remember that you still have the ‘Report this post’ icon when needed… :mrgreen:

I’ve heard work done by “professionals” and I’ve had to fix work done by “professionals”. I am not a professional, I work out of my home and cannot make a comfortable living by doing just music work, but I will gladly put up one of my songs/mixes up against anyone else, pro or not, and feel confident that I can sound decent within a somewhat acceptable margin… and learn everything I possibly can from any and all peers/mentors/students in the process.

I don’t know if making it a “pro vs hobbyist” debate really applies fully to this issue. I agree that most of the bug reports just seem to be end user ignorance related (if you’re gonna spend 14 hours a day using something, read the manual) but I think it’s more about people who have been bootlegging Cubase up until now, they see the new features and get pumped, they have some Christmas money and figure “OH MAN TIME TO GO LEGIT!”. Once they’ve actually spent money on something they’re not used to spending money on, they have a huge sense of buyers remorse and even bigger sense of entitlement.

The issue of “all in one box” software and Steinberg needing to cater more to the demands of professionals is a bit iffy for me though. All current versions of DAWs are doing this all-in-one thing because the consumers and potential clients are all getting more “educated” (ie reading sponsored columns in magazines or falling for marketing hype) and creating competition. Like I said before I’m not a professional so I don’t have a reputation to get new clients with, and to even keep the few existing clients I have means that I have to keep up with the new bogus buzz terms and why I had to build a worthless pro tools rig because it “has better sound” and some local band is only willing to pay for someone to “run” their project “through the pro tools” for that added warmth…

I mean, I’m probably wrong about all of this, but I’ve been writing/recording/mixing music with for 15 years now (with Cubase for the past 8) and I can’t ignore the trend of the more educated layman and how it’s been a double edged sword for all DAW developers. In the end I like all this because it lets more people make music and that means more perspectives I can learn from, and I don’t mean breaking the rules or anything like that, but everyone has something to teach and I’ll always have a ton of things to learn.

P.S. I was always under the impression that Nuendo was the more tested and polished version of Cubase that appealed more to the serious professional.