Please help - can't get any sound out of Cubase LE

Hi have just installed Cubase LE, and cannot get any sound at all. No levels during recording, and nothing in playback. I have imported an mp3 file for test purposes. It shows up with a wave form, but there are no levels in playback.

I am using a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio sound card.

Please can someone tell me what I have done wrong in my set up???

Really appreciate some help with this.
sb_playback.jpg
jb_setup1.jpg
sb_playback.jpg
sb_setup2.jpg

It looks like the record enable is on. That would silence the audio and monitor the input to the track.
HTH
J.L.

Thanks, I appreciate you looking. I toggled that setting on and off (and anything else I can think of!) before posting.

Here’s a grab with record turned off, and there are still no levels.

Any further ideas?
sb_playback1.jpg

Hi

Could you check your settings under F4 to what your output is routed?

Greetz Bassbase

Thanks, that was helpful. I had checked as many options as I could see against my sound card, including S/PDIF in and out, which I am not using. As soon as I unchecked these, the playback of my test track worked.

The same thing with play back. I had mike and line in checked. My sound card has one socket for both functions. When I unchecked mike, I could see the sound levels straight away!
:smiley:

Thanks for your help.
soundin.jpg

Interesting setup you have. Audio interface that runs on asio4all, but also an Apogee big ben… :confused:
Those are on the opposite sides of their respective price ranges as far as I know.