Hi everybody. I recently bought a new Macbook Pro. But C5 freezes on startup. It scans at the beginning but then freezes when it prompts me to open a project. I click on anything and nothing happens.
I am running the following Macbook Pro
Processor 2.3 Ghz INtel Core i7
16 GB ram
I have been to the support post on this site and have done everything that it says to do. Below is the post.
I have removed all of the Power PC Vst’s.
What I need to know, do I need to remove the Power PC “Components”?
Or what else can I do. I"m getting a bit desperate because I am beginning a full time teaching position and I really need to use C5.
(Regarding C6 , I live in Kenya and Steinberg does not ship here!!! So I am trying to purchase through a distributor)
Valid for Cubase 5.5.3 and Cubase Studio 5.5.3
Due to the fact that Apple has dropped Rosetta in Mac OS X 10.7, Cubase 5.5.3 and Cubase Studio 5.5.3 are not starting up because of issues with the VST Bridge, when trying to initialize PowerPC based plug-ins.
Please remove the VST Bridge component by proceeding as follows:
• Make sure that Cubase is not running, then go to Finder and browse to Applications.
• Cmd-click (or right-click) the Cubase 5.app file and select “Show package contents”.
• Browse into folder Contents/Components
• Cmd-click (or right-click) the “VSTPlugManager.bundle” file and select “Show package contents”.
• Browse into folder Contents/Resources
• Remove “VSTBridgeApp”
• Close all folders, re-start Cubase.
The other alternative is to remove the PowerPC Plug-ins itself on Lion systems, e.g. the ones contained inside the Cubase application bundle (Contents/VSTPlugins… Filter: All files containing the name “Tonic”, Synth: All files containing the name “Embracer” and “Monologue”, Restoration:“DeEsser.vst”). Then there may be 3rd party plug-ins installed in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins, either on user level or system level (or both).