PLEASE Help!! Control Surfaces in Cubase 6!

I’ve been trying to do this for a long time.

I wanted to know if there is a way to use the Digitech GNX4 guitar pedal as a midi controller to run the transport in Cubase 6. Record, stop, play, rewind, etc.

I thought there should be a way to get it to work. I seem to recall a GNX product that was packaged with a version of Cubase like AI4 or something. Can the GNX4 not be set up the same way for Cubase 6?

I tried dropping the file DigitechRPx.dll ,that Craig Anderton of Digitech showed works with ProTracksPlus and Sonar, into the Cubase components folder(did not see a folder called control surfaces). I registered the .dll to the location it was dropped in. Went into Cubase and in device setup under devices clicked the “+” to add the GNX4 but it is not on the list. Is there a different folder where control surfaces should be installed?

Apparently the GNX4’s foot pedals (stop, record, undo, play) can be used in Pro Tracks and Sonar so I don’t see why there wouldn’t be a way to set them up to work in Cubase 6.

Hi,

You can use the “generic remote” instead, first set the correct midi in and outputs.
The top row is for the incomming signals. There is a learn funcion for the buttons you want to use on your controller. Be shure to use unique names (on the left) for each new controller.
now assign the correct cubase functions in the bottom row, and export the created controller file for backup.

JB