Please HELP!!!Delayed write failed!!!

Hi there I was hoping someone might be able to help me. I have suddenly started getting a ‘delayed write failed’ when I am about 5 - 10 mins into a project & once I get this I cannot save the project :cry: This is a recent issue & the only thing I have changed is my sound card from an edirol UA25 to a focusrite saffire 6 & then optimized my sytem as they suggested. Both tech support for Steinberg & Focusrite are saying it is not their issue. I have tried turning off the auto save as I thought this might ve the issue however it still persists!!! I am using an external harddrive which is a seagate goflex 1 TB.

Please help me as it driving me MENTAL :imp:

Complete system specs?

Hmmmm I will do my best. What other info is needed apart from it being a PC running XP service pack 3 with cubase 5?

Correct ASIO driver selected? Drivers/ firmware up to date? Memory usage in the project? Trash Prefs?

Correct ASIO driver selected, as far as I am aware( i am having an issue with the sapphire 6 losing all audio & then when I start cubase up again its all there?) & due to this issue I have installed all new drivers. The memory usage in the project can be minimal & the issue occurs & the delayed write issue does not appear to be related to the project in that the file names ect dont appera to being used. Trash Prefs i couldbt tell you about as I dont knwo what they are :blush:

Look to my sig.

Re: losing sound, is Release ASIO Driver In Background un-checked as it should be in Device Setup? Is Windows set to use a different soundcard than you’re DAW interface?

Have you turned off ‘allow the computer to turn off this device’ in device manager (device->power management)? This is a typical USB error, where the USB plug gets pulled before the system has flushed all its data. It may also occur if the system turns off the external device prematurely.

r,
j,