Please help totally lost!

Hello all,
Can anyone help please. I’ve just loaded Cubase AI Elements9 onto my windows based laptop (HP) and once the installation finished it stated out of the list of 9 that the Upload Manager and the Generic Lower Latency ASIO Driver 64 bit “Task failed”. Silly question but does this matter?

The other thing is that I’m completely new to this type of software and I’m totally lost on how to operate it. I play Blues Harmonica and I want to record my playing with backing tracks. I have a Rode NT1-A mic, and a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 interface.

The Steinberg Hub comes up as a window on my laptop and I’ve clicked on one of the top task bar icons namely “Recording” but I can get anything to look like it’s working. The software can’t see the mic or interface. I also noticed that the recording options associated with the Recording icon were all guitar based?

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be much appreciated.

thanks

Greg

Well… of course Cubase is designed to do exactly what you want (record a harmonica to backing tracks) but, you asked for a complete explanation for how to get it going. I don’t think anyone will respond with all of that because it is in the manual. All I can offer is to start with the below noted instructions and see how it goes from there.

The generic driver may not be required if you have the specific ASIO driver for the 2i2. So make sure that is installed and choose it as the ASIO Driver in the Cubase>Devices>Device Setup>VST Audio System menu. Then go to the CB Devices>VST Connections menu and set up your input and output buses. Then assign the input and output bus to the audio track you want to record on.

These are the first very basic steps that needs to be done. The Op Manual would give much better detail for how to continue from here to record something.

If you get to a certain step in the setup process that you don’t understand please feel free to ask about the specific thing you are having trouble with. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses: