Please help

Hi all
I don’t need to in Flow 2 multi measure rest,
please advise
Many thanks,
Jirka

Uploading: Snímek obrazovky 2022-01-29 v 19.49.37.png…

If you want to see actual measures instead of the Tacet indication, set the Multi-measure option in Engrave mode.

If you want to eliminate the second flow, uncheck it at the bottom of the Setup mode screen, or if you only do not want to see the piano part in the second flow, choose Flow 2 and uncheck the piano in the leftmost column of Setup.

(If you think it would help, you could draft your question in your native language and then post that along with a translation through Google Translate or a similar program to put it into English.)

Welcome to the forum!

Or maybe this helps: Layout Options*/ Bar Rests and Multi-bar…* set Consolidate to None

1 Like

I need to default

set this up

Jiri,
I am quite sure, there is a more elegant solution - but for now you could add text with shift-x to every bar. Then the rests won’t consolidate. As text just input an empty space. That’s sufficient to break up the multirest.

If you don’t need to show the staves for the first flow where this player is tacet, and instead an in-built tacet would work, you could also simply disable consolidation of multi-bar rests in this layout, and remove the player from flow 1. That would result in Dorico showing an automatic tacet for flow 1 and separate bars in flow 2.

thank you all for the advice!!

Jiri

is it possible to do the same in Dorico as in the FINALE program?
see picture

Thanks,
Jiri

In the second flow. Select all (bars) and create a chord region, that will break the multibar rest.

Hi Rafaelv,
Super tip,
Thanks,
Jiri

no multimeasure rest in galey wiew Dorico
How do I do that?
Thanks,
Jiri

Layout options>Players>Bar rest and multibar rests> consolidate, select none.

Many thanks!!!

it’s exactly what I needed👏

(That doesn’t just affect galley view, it affects page view as well)