Please make Device Panels with SysEx work.

I’m not asking for a re-design. Don’t make this a major feature upgrade. You don’t even have to make it any easier. Just make it work the way it’s already intended to work.

As far as I can tell when you set up a device panel to send SysEx it doesn’t always send the SysEx. Or when you record automation and play it back, it doesn’t read the automation and send the SysEx. I would just like to be able to automate synths by SysEx. It’s almost there! :slight_smile: Just make it work.

+1

Do you have an example? It works as good as SysEx ever has … not saying much … But, the problems I have you can largely blame on ancient processing in the receiving machine, not Cubases ability to send/receive.

The reason I posted is because I only recently tried to get this to work so that I could automate a synth via SysEx. But I had trouble. I don’t know how far back it goes. I also just read where someone commented (which I can’t find anymore) that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. And I had the same experience. So I don’t think it’s just me. I created a device panel knob to send out SysEx to adjust the filter cutoff frequency. At first it worked fine—when I adjusted the knob manually it sent out the SysEx. But when I recorded some automation and played it back, the SysEx did not get sent out. Then later I was not even able to send the SysEx by manually adjusting the knob. If I have time perhaps I can create a minimal project that demonstrates it. Although I expect anyone can try that.

Cubase isn’t going to be able to do anything to “fix” SysEx. You just have to figure out how to stand on one foot, hold your left hand to your nose and hop up and down properly … that process will work for the first device, then you have to figure out an entirely different set of craziness to get #2 to work. This has nothing to do with Cubase capability.

If you are the same guy with the 2000, then you just need to learn how the stuff works. Nothing is “broken”.

I’m a software developer and I’m familiar with SysEx. Please don’t condescend and assume it must be my fault. I am not “the same guy with the 2000”, whatever that means.

+1