Please, please, please update the CC121 driver

Any official news from Steinberg guys ?

( three years later :smiley: )

Best regards
Yannick

It does not help to be a programmer. The source and spec are closed. With a good software the yamaha hardware would have been very good. Steinberg has probably nothing to do about it. It is a Japanise gear. You get what you buy. If you need new functions you buy new gear, thats the japanise way.

The hardware is not the problem. The CC121 is just a very simple MIDI-controller. The buttons send note on/off, the fader pitch bend values and the encoders CCs. That’s it. This works as expected so there is no need to update something here.

The mapping in the software is the problem. It would be pretty easy to optionally swap two CCs to reflect the eq’s screen layout or to scale the CC values to customize encoder speed. The REAPER extension shows how simple this is (including source code).

AFAIK Steinberg and not Yamaha is responsible for the glue between the controller and Cubendo (aka ‘CC121 tools’). So in theory there is hope for an updated version but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Posted 11/2011. Still no reply. No update. Nothing. It is VERY frustrating.

I came to the forum to see if this was worth looking at … didn’t read all the pages, but I guess it is not what I want to use with C8.5?

Bump !

Still using my Frontier Alphatrack (and they have gone out of buisness !)

Repards
Yannick

Bump… c’mon mods, wtf? Talk to us!

+1

Uh huh

Please upgrade the driver

agreed!!! please ! Thank u steinberg! mine isn’t working after new 9.5.41 update

Does the CC121 work with Cubase 10? I just ordered the controller as there isn’t much out there in the way of controllers for Cubase. The FaderPort doesn’t seem to work for all of the buttons.

Ah what the heck? Bump! What is with Steinberg and abandonware? Or maybe what I should ask is what is up with me in sticking with them? LOL

That is the question. As for me, no more Steinberg hardware

Using it with Cubase 10 here on Win 7 x64. No issues so far.

I am now using just my Yamaha 01V96 remote layer with Cubase. I stopped using FaderPort because it seemed that you coudn’t use both at the same time.

We had this guy do some amazing things with the driver for the Frontier Design Alphatrack for Sonar, speaking of dedicated fans:

Maybe we can get him a copy of Cubase and a CC121 to inspire him to do the same here?

Good to see that not any moderator is responding to this! Hahahaha, great support!

it’s kind of neglected product now.
they officially support it cuz its the only controller steinberg have now on shelf, but they won’t give any new better functionality to it.
my guess its also yamaha conducting this,and they won’t put any effort

Yes, very disappointed in the Yamaha/ Steinberg merger. (Major understatement really!) I really had hopes that Yamaha would have taken the hardware reins and run with it. But if anything it is worse than when Steinberg made their own hardware or collaborated with RME. Build quality has always been good but the support has sucked. No other way to put it.

Well the CC121 works well under Windows 10. But yes i do not think the support is there. And yes when you order a BOX CC121 NEW now, you get documents from like 2008 and a version of cubase the is virtually extinct. So to me it looks like an unsupported product, where on this forum no moderator will respond.