Please post if you've installed the video update

I’m nervous and have too much work going on right now to risk breaking something.

If you have installed this update, can you please list your OS, specs and experience with the update?

thank you

yes

yes I installed it and video sync to nuendo project is far better now,
my only concern is that it seems to be more cpu hungry, especially in projects with complex routing - I’m doing live concert mix right now in 5.1 with hd video, lot of groups, sends to and from groups, complex channel routing and fx-teleported plugins .I have now 100% sync with video, but cpu indicator jumps like crazy from 60% to spikes.
I will try to recode video to see itf anything changes, right now I have 1280 x720 h264 15GB video file.

Hi All,

this is my video player update:

We use a second computer for it although this maybe overdone with lower requitrements.

-No tearing
-No stuttering
-ADR/Foley count-in and beep (!)
-Ability to use Nuendo 64bit.
-Costs 20€ (!!)

FYI, this is our setup:
Quicktime PJPEG 1080p
Nvidia graphic card
IP-MIDI from http://www.nerds.de

see my post here "mising thumbnail cache" after 5.1.1. update - Nuendo - Steinberg Forums

Didn’t work for me, kept saying ‘missing thumbnail cache’ and "copy to project folder’ was grayed out, even after deleting all prefs.

I went back to 5.1.0

Mac Pro 8 x 2.8, 14 GB RAM, OS X 10.6.7, Apogee Symphony 64 card

I installed the Nuendo 5.1.1 video update.

I just run video no my external LCD display and haven’t had any issues or problems, but i also didn’t have problems prior.

HI Bernhard,
Do you find the lack of an audio stream to be a problem on MTCVS?
On occassions when video is supplied with no BTC its nice to hear that the audio is phasing to know you’re spot on.

Ade

Installed Video Update on Macbook Pro and Windows XP SP3 without any problems so far. I hope it stays like this.
Firewire Videoout on Mac and Intensity Pro on PC.

Didn’t do 5.1.1 update until yesterday because of all the video problems. Installed it yesterday & had no video (not stutter, but NO video). Installed video update & all seems fine for now.

HI Bernhard,
Do you find the lack of an audio stream to be a problem on MTCVS?
On occassions when video is supplied with no BTC its nice to hear that the audio is phasing to know you’re spot on.

Hi Ade

I don´t miss the audio part. Just import the audio into Nuendo.

Bernhard