*Please read before you use the car analogy :) ***

Seems theres been an awful lot of people using the same old car analogy to complain about features–the ones they’re looking for-- being not yet implemented in Dorico.

Well here’s a bunch of them so if youre considering using this analogy, please check here if its already been used…:slight_smile:

(And also please know you auto be patient with Dorico…you own the BEST notation program there is, and it already is miles ahead of ANY competition, and will probably drive them out of business!:slight_smile:

… Imagine that Dorico were not a piece of software, but a motor car that has just come on the market. And let’s say that the lights can only be turned on and off from inside the engine compartment. Functionality is there, but convenience is not. Furthermore, there are no turn signals, so one has to stick one’s arm out of the window before turning left or right

… If I want a car with 200 HP I don’t by one with 100 to find out that free updates only go to 120 and I will have to pay for 200 HP again. (Honestly, I don’t understand …

… Nobody pays money, for example, for a car that still hasn’t wheels, or seats, or engine. I think Steinberg hasn’t been out to the expectations. I get your frustration! And I have to agree …

… and to add yet another car related quote, how would you feel if you bought a new car at full price but had to keep your old one to drive around?. I really hope you guys do …

… I wish people would stop comparing Dorico to a car purchase. Actually years ago I replaced my 12-year-old Honda with a new auto from a well known U.S. manufacturer. It was ultimately not a reliable auto with a defect in engine cooling that twice …

… Would you pay more money for a worse car than the one you already have?" Why indeed?

… If a garage was trying to sell you a car as a good runner’ but it has no engine and no wheels would you still buy it? It sounds like a bad beta trial (gone wrong). I would expect software …

… But, of course, if you buy a driverless car, the controls may be vastly different form what one is used to.

… As I mentioned, you might expect an advanced car to have turn signals. You’d be surprised if it didn’t, right? You might not even research if it had one or not, right? In any case, really, this …

… If it was a car you might have the brakes and gas working. No turn signals. Etc. …

… Or the car dealer telling his client:"look, this car is brand new, but at the moment you can’t drive, we are working on that, but hey, the air condition

… I am not buying a car without it’s engine

…True, but if you bring a new car to market, it will invariably be compared to the current competition. Market forces are getting less and less sentimental…

… I’d prefer a car with a working steering mechanism to one with lots of chrome trim and a hood ornament that only goes in a straight line.

Thanks Bob

Rather than repeating it here, I’ll give a link to my 11/16/16 thoughts on the car analogy at

Maybe the so inclined should switch to the mobile phone analogy…