Please release 1.1

It doesnt make any sense, to continue with the current version.
Its been long enough working with a rudiment programm.
Serously. Its six month now!

It’s four months. It will come this week

To quote Orson Welles from a Paul Masson commercial from the 1970’s:
"We will sell no wine before its time."

no real point in rushing it. They did say before the end of june but it’s more important for it to be ready than to be out…

At this point the software build for 1.1 has already been finalized. They aren’t releasing it as a beta build which means it’s finished and has been tested. They are waiting for other reasons unbeknown to us.

My 2 cents… since Dorico does not come with a manual (yet), they may be in the process of making demo videos for users to understand the basics of some of the changes.

Just a thought… and nothing more.

Robby

Daniel has told us that:
• The 1.1 update will be released before the end of June
• Updates are released on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday
• 1.1 is already done.

So, 1.1 will come out either today or tomorrow.
You’ve waited 6 momths (ahem). Surely you can wait one or two more days. :slight_smile:

Didn’t this iteration come out on February 28th, the last of the month?

I had the same thought. Mr. Hughes no doubt needs a good chunk of time to make those videos and likely had to wait on a few of them until things were fully-baked.

Well, let’s all hope that 1.1 is better than Paul Masson wine! If you were around in the 1970’s, you know what I mean…

It’s just a few hours away and I’m excited. What a geek!

Daniel Spreadbury said on Facebook
5 hrs ago ·
It’s going to be a big #Dorico day tomorrow… I’m looking forward to seeing what everybody thinks of what we’ve been working on.

The thank you was for the belly laugh. 48 hours or so to go… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

It was actually a Twitter tweet (copied to Facebook by Tony Ward) Wed 28.6.2017 at 1.31 a.m.: http://tinyurl.com/y7x3lq42

“It’s going to be a big #Dorico day tomorrow. I’m looking forward to seeing what everybody thinks of what we’ve been working on.”

1.31 a.m. TODAY. Interesting to see what “tomorrow” means. :slight_smile: :smiley: :smiley:

Jode,
I do not know where you live, but when I see this tweet, I notice it has been written yesterday June 27 at 3h27 PM. My 2 cents that “tomorrow” is today :wink:

Thanks, Marc. It really seems to be today. I live in Helsinki, Finland, so the date and time of THE tweet are follows.

London: 11.31 pm Tue 27.6.
Hamburg: 12.31 am Wed 28.6.
Helsinki: 1.31 am Wed 28.6.

So if Daniel tweeted from London, it happened yesterday just before midnight. If from Hamburg, it was today. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Daniel's tweet.png

Downloading “Dorico 1.1.0 Full” right now. Tomorrow has arrived.

I actually tweeted from Corfu, where it was something like 1.30am, but it was before I went to bed, so “tomorrow” definitely means today, Wednesday 28 June. Not long to wait now…

Thank you, Nickie! :laughing:

If you already have Dorico installed, I recommend you wait a while longer for the updaters to be made available, rather than downloading everything via Steinberg Download Assistant, as you will end up downloading a lot more than you need to. The updaters should be available at the top of the hour.

So in that sense I was “right”! :laughing: Same time as here in Finland. :laughing: Daniel tweeted today, and tomorrow HAPPILY is also today. :laughing: