!!!PLEASE! Render-In-Place MONO option PLEASE!!!

i would also add my +1

when i render in place a mono audio track, the resulting render should automatically be in mono, a stereo file should not be generated.

i would even class the above as a bug

+1

+1

+1

+1 and also for the pre fader!

+1

Hello!

Thanks a lot for this post, I also need the render in MONO function desperately.

However, up to the point that Steinberg decides to add the render in mono function here is another solution:
Assign a key command for “find selected in Pool.” Then right click on the selected audio file(s) → convert—>mono and replace.

Additionally

1. It would be nice if we had the option (check box) to render directly into the existing tracks rather creating new tracks. This way, we can keep panning and send settings without the need to copy/paste between newly created and previous tracks.

2. Having the option to render into Offline Audio processing. In other words, transfer my audio processing from my inserts into offline information. The render in place kind of does that, but I can’t modify/remind my self the parameters after the rendering.

Note to Steinberg: Render in place is the only reason I updated to Cubase8. It is a huge time savior for my workflow. Please take in consideration all of the above posts for future improvements.

Thanks in advance.

Render in place was very attractive to me, too. Wish all the improvement they can.

+1

Only just started using this today! Straight away I’m thinking, “why doesn’t it have an option for mono output?”. Checked out the manual, headed to this forum and played around with the workaround. Mono out would certainly be nice!

Wonder if the ‘Mono Downmix’ button from the Export Window, could be utilised in the RiP (setup…?) dialog box somehow…? How difficult might that be to code…?

+1

+1

+1 !

Would love the addition of a Render In Place MONO option. Awesome feature for the next update.
+1

I’ve included this in my video:

But render in place already can make a stereo track mono, just assign a mono bus to the Output of the stereo track and RIP ?

Yes. But the feature request is for an OPTION for this to happen WITHOUT having to re-assign source tracks output first. A simple ‘Mono Downmix’ checkbox like there is in the Audio Export dialog, added to the RiP Setup/dialog, would get my vote…

A simple ‘Mono Downmix’ checkbox like there is in the Audio Export dialog, added to the RiP Setup/dialog, would get my vote…

This still leaves you needing to choose and unable to select mono and stereo tracks together for batch render.
Better would be options of mono, stereo and “as source channels”.

+1 for mono
for pre fader is this not the same as copy channel config?I mean this is pre fader render or not?

the pre-fader option that most of us are wanting here is not “dry,” but includes insert FX and channel strip, just not the fader position.

the workaround i’m doing to avoid this is just keeping the faders at unity gain for all my source channels, so i don’t have to fuss with it when RIPing, and then sending the signal to a group channel where the level is set. :laughing:

there are other advantages to this setup, for how i’m working, so i’m not doing all because of the missing pre-fader feature.