Please return: transparent events + wave image style menu

Oh, iPhone Autocorrects Funny Things when I Type in english

Hi Bumble B… you stole the thoughts right out of my mind…

Thankyou :neutral_face:

… and I was not even demanding anything.
It was more or less a joke about my fear, that I may not be able to use V6, for a long time …
But as a ‘pro’, I take what works best ( i.e. V5.5.2 for now ) :sunglasses:

And what the Mods say, will be done.
I need to stay in this forum, to get ( and spread ) some info, from time to time.

BTW, You’ve quoted Chris. ‘Christian’ would be Christian Dettner :wink:

bye, Jan

It’s not very well worked out in practice though.

Firstly, in this day and age, why do we have to restart the app to see and graphical colour changes?

Secondly, you’ve chosen a bit of the mixer to show the colour changes as before. However the resultant changes across the rest of the program are much greater than you see in the mixer channels alone.

It’s pretty much impossible to guess what the appearance is gonna be - until you’ve restarted the app and had a look!

I am REALLY not happy how the new audioevents are looking now…

I am used to Nuendo 3 & 4 and here I have pristine sharp waveforms - in Cubase 5.5 I have great looking waveforms as well, I am currently in Cubase 5.5, recording and editing drums. I just opened a song in C6 and well… I spent some time tweaking those sliders trying to get the wave forms looking good. Good in a professional way…

It is impossible. And when Events are stacked you can choose from “don’t show it” - or “show it on mouseover” - which is impracticable when doing multitrack drums - or you can set to “always show it”. And well, then those Events have stripes on it. The waveforms are not full-black, instead of that they are melting with the Event background.

I can NOT work this way. It is impossible for me to do sampleprecise editing when I can NOT see what is going on.

I am not talking about “transparent events” here - it seems that this will be added later. I am fine here. But PLEASE add the option “use classic event style” or something like that as well.

Here is a screenshot. Its like walking in the fog. Please check the area at the right. These events are highlighted and now inverted. For me it is impossible to do clean editing here.

Yeah, that doesn’t look so good. Much less clean than C5. Well, we’ll just have to wade in and see if we can see the logic they were thinking. Sometimes it takes awhile to shake what we’re used to. But sometimes it’s just not as good. I’m still waiting on my copy so, I don’t know yet. Time will tell.

Onward… through the fog!

Mh, yes - where can I turn that off? There is only that feature where the waveforms are affecting the background at there peaks - but this is turned off - looks cool but makes it even worse…

Transparent Events will help off course, but well, in the first place the wave ITSELF looks bad. Not solid black, not sharp, not detailed. Blured all the way.

The weird hashed lines in the background in a new C6 feature! You see it where two audio clips are overlapping.

However when using comp tracks, you’ve essentially got several takes stacked on top of each other, and so you now get this useless hashed background everywhere.

Actually I think there’s a bit of a bug here - when you close a comp lane track, you get this hashed background flashing on and off as you run the mouse over the audio waveform. Maybe this ain’t all running straight yet.

Yea. Confirmed. That was what I basically tried to explain, but I am afraid that my english expertise is far away from being perfect :slight_smile:) Well, actually this is a silly feature - ok, as I said - you can disable that, but then you don’t have a clue where audioclips are overlapping…

And when Events are stacked you can choose from “don’t show it” - or “show it on mouseover” - which is impracticable when doing multitrack drums - or you can set to “always show it”. And well, then those Events have stripes on it. The waveforms are not full-black, instead of that they are melting with the Event background.

Yep, the stripes are a problem, especially when using lanes.
Also, when I want to find short overlaps, it’s much more difficult to see.

The black for any selected event is another problem, as it ‘disables’ the users color coding.

Regarding a good waveform display setting :
I got the best results when adjusting the waveform a bit brighter than the background
and turning the wave outline completely black.
Works pretty well for most colors ( as long as there are no stripes :wink: )
But you can also turn the waveform completely black …

bye, Jan

Thanks for the explanation Chris.

The transparent audio events feature is essential to the way I work.

Please re-implement it asap?

thanks

+1 I’ve discovered transparent events last year, right now I can’t live without it. :frowning:

Thanks, for adding your voices !
But … relax and see what we have learned :

So … we can only pray, that the testers, VIUs and whatever, need Transparent Events as urgent,
as we do !

EDIT :
I forgot to quote Christian on this :

peace, Jan

Another +1 to add Transparent Events back asap. I need it every day and I really don’t want to wait some weeks or even months for the next update! A little bit disappointing, because I bought C6 mainly because of its editing features and now one of the most important editing aspects has been removed. :confused:

Please!

Well, quite interesting - most of the posts here are word by word all the same and exactly my point of view. I updated C6 last week because of the Editing features, but it is faster and more efficient for me to stay in 5.5 ITM.

Please, SB - hurry up :slight_smile: I wonder why Cubase was released without beeing ready coded… ??! I would never ever release an album which is not completely mixed.

Maybe you mean, completely mixed as best you could at deadline time…!?! :slight_smile:

I just can’t believe it that you have absolutely NO little further tweaks/additions/reverb and or EQ settings changing on that last project, that you could’ve had another go at if you’d had more time… :wink:

Build that chorus better, an extra vocal boost here or there…? The harmonies tighter…? Maybe that hi-hat ‘zing’ at that middle 8 could’ve been dealt with better… Guitar tones…? Hmm… they were ok-ish I guess… Maybe, if you could’ve done like the singer wanted and got the brass-section more together, with that more soulful/70’s retro thing going…?!! etc, etc, etc…

Ok, so there’s hopefully another album that you could do with the band, and this time, really make sure you bring some of those elements together… you know, next time guys…!?!

Point…? You can only do so much - you’ve got to get something out sometime… :slight_smile:

(PS: I am talking in a commercial sense of course…; compare to, the software has to be released at some point. Kudos to you if you can work and perfect every detail ad nauseum - and only then decide to release…! :sunglasses: )

Well, Brandys analogy would be more like :
You’ve much improved the drum sound since the last record,
but didn’t get the snare ready in time.
Then management decides it’s gonna be released nevertheless,
as there’s some snare on the overs, toms, etc.
:wink:

Seriously … it’s just like everyone says :
great new editing features and ‘crippled’ editing.
This needs a high priority !

bye, Jan

+100,000,000
“GREAT editing features, CRIPPLED editing”