Plug-in chain window navigation

Hi,

Is it possible to assign a shortcut to open and close the clip effect plug-in chain window? Is it also possible to tab or hop between the plug-in/slots using a shortcut? This would speed up my workflow considerably.

Thanks.

Not possible, sorry.

Would this be a consideration in future versions? I’m sure anyone that uses plugins on clips would find this useful.

Would be nice. I note it.

Thanks. I can make the window appear by assigning a shortcut to “Edit Plug-ins” in the focused clip shortcut menu. But I can’t make it close again. Unless there is a shortcut to close this focused window?

Oh, and it would be nice to be able to assign a shortcut to “Edit sub-montage”. It appears in the edit focused clip menu but its not possible to assign a shortcut.

A shortcut to quickly tab/change between which plugin GUI in a plugin chain is open would be great.

More importantly, I think you should look at how the new Studio One 3 by PreSonus plugin chain window looks. It looks beautiful and the entire window size and menu bar adapts to the size of the plugin you are viewing rather than leaving some ugly white unused space for smaller plugin GUIs as show in these attachments.

It also doesn’t seem to have the issue where some GUIs are stretched like we had with Waves, FabFitler, and some others.

resize like in Pro Tools right? I say I don’t care how things look, but it does look better with the window auto-resize in Pro Tools. And it gives more room on screen. Regarding shortcuts, the more options the better. Wish I’d learned Wavelab scripting if that could be applied to specific tasks like this.

Yes, PreSonus may have stolen the plugin chain window idea from Wavelab but the way the window size dynamically changes in Studio One 3 with the plugin you have selected is great. I’ll attach a few screen shots. Compare the images below to the ones in my last post from Wavelab. The Sonnox Inflator is most noticeable. Lots of ugly white space in the Wavelab version, maybe due to UAD BAX being so wide.

S1_INF.png

Not sure I’d like how the tabs become hidden when the window reduces horizontally. That’s one thing I like about the current Wavelab window, you can see all the tabs. I’d like to see an option: Resize window vertically (as it is now in Wavelab), or Resize window vertically and horizontally (as it is in Studio one).

Yeah, that was one thing I didn’t notice untilI was making these screen shots and I kind of agree with you although I must say that overall, the Studio One V3 plugin chain window just looks and feels better than the Wavelab version. I’ll take the hidden tabs vs. the potential for stretched GUIs and ugly empty space. At least Studio One implies there are more plugins in the chain with the “…”

I haven’t done any real projects in Studio One 3 so I haven’t encountered all real world scenarios.