Plug in manager - Ideas

Hey Y’all,

Just out of interest really but thought it might be good to get a few peoples ideas for how they have set up the plug in manager in cubase 8. I’m about to organise and was thinking of setting up a Favourite tab and then inside that do folder with…

Reverb - all my selection of most used and fave reverbs 9leave out all the ones i never use)
Delays - as above
Saturators and Distortion - as above
Eq’s - as above
Compressors
Tape

Thought this would be quicker than trying to search via plug in manufacturers.

It might be pretty standard to do it that way, others may have a little genius idea! if so lets hear em…

I would like someone to explain the purpose of plugin manager now we have text search.

When I want the plugin I want I type it’s name and volia there it is.

Thanks

For those cases where you don’t remember the name of the plugin you’re looking for.

Also, it is helpful to have the plugins arranged the way you like to work (by type, instrument, etc).

OK that makes sense, a memory thing, there’s always a few plugins that get forgotten I suppose.

I’m still blown away by Text Search, and having a pretty memory for my available plugins, I’ve been flying with that feature alone.

I’ll have to experiment with the plugin manager a bit.

Thanks

out of interest now (you have sparked it) where is the text search for plugs ins please? is it part of the inputs or send slots, so when you need to insert a plug in, you can type in a search?

Also, things like delays are almost like instruments.

If say, I want to add a delay to an instrument, I want to look at 5 or 10 or 15 delays at one time and decide what I am in the mood to use. Almost like you would synths, guitars, etc.

At least that’s how I like to work.

is it part of the inputs or send slots, so when you need to insert a plug in, you can type in a search?

Yes of course, it’s at the top of the drop down list of plugs.

For me the need of a plugin manager has vanished as well with text search :wink: