Plugin editor when changing parts; Text length; List for files in a song

Hi musicullum,
I use Omnisphere in Multitembral mode. 8 different sounds divided on 8 midi channels.
The Omnisphere is operated in a song in sharing mode. In fact I have only one instance of the Omnisphere in the song.
Now I open the editor for the Omnisphere for part 1. When I select part 2, the editor closes again and I have to open it again. This makes no sense to me because I can’t do all the settings together.
I need the possibility to keep the editor open and that all layers (sharing mode) can be edited.

One more thing: The popup (layer add plugin) menu is very unreadable, since the texts are shortened, it takes me a long time to locate the right file (plugin,…) to select it.

It would also be very useful in a kind of media bay list to visualise all the files associated with a song.
BR
Alex

Try to tick this item in your plugin editor, does that help?

I’ll try it tonight , and i knew this button. :wink:
I hope it works
MfG
Alex

Hi Musicullum,

1. Changing part : Omnisphere opens and is closing after a few seconds, is that normal. Omnisphere does not remain open, it closes again with every part change.
  2. If i use a shared layer in 2 different parts. Is it possible to adjust the midi volume for each part? In my project the volume change in both parts. How could I change this.
    BR
    Alex

… oh, that’s a bug. We’ll fix it. The Problem is the shared instrument.

… that will only work if both layer are using a different Instrument Channel. Like this

/Michael.

Hi Michael,
In my case I already use the 8 parts of Omnisphere and don’t want to load a 2nd instance of it. You think that in the near future there will be the possibility to disconnect the midi level for a specific layer.
I suppose you know Cantabile, there it is possible to turn this function on or off (specific filter).
I know that VL works different and and it is also good that way. Just small impulses for the workflow to improve.
BR
Alex alias kyru

Each Layer has its own MIDI volume, only the Instrument is shared. Audio channel belongs to the instrument, but all MIDI controls incl. volume can be different for any Layer anywhere. What exactly do you want to achieve?

Hi Michael, but that does not seem to be the case for me.
When I change the Midi Volume in layer ‘strings 1’ , all shared layers ‘strings 1’ are changed.
I just want to keep a sound over the whole song (±15 parts) and change the midi volume.
In my case, i have already used the 8 parts from omnisphere and don’t want to load a 2nd instance of it,
BR
Alex alias kyru

You appear to not have understood the concept of the audio/midi control in Layers:

You need to change this switch for multitimbral operation. Some Layer controls become orange then, which also happens automatically when you assign a shared Instrument to a Layer. The Audio controls (volume, pan etc) belong to the Instrument, not the Layer! However, Layer MIDI controls (orange) do belong to the Layer.

So you need to switch to the orange items, and then you can control MIDI volume, pan etc of your plugin using MIDI channels (Spork already pointed that out). In the following picture, the Layer sends to plugin MIDI channel 2 (the 2nd of your 8 parts).

Ja das ist klar. Nur ist wenn ich den slider im part 1 wechsele, wechselt der auch in part 4 , 5, 6 ,…

MIDI volume only changes in other Parts for all Layers with the same MIDI output Channel.
The reasoning behind this is that when you change a MIDI channel item (volume, pan), then inside the shared Instrument, it will be the same for all instances (Layers) sharing this Instrument, and with the same MIDI channel.

But I see your point, and we have changed it for the next coming version such that it only sets equal levels for equal MIDI channels of a shared Instrument within the same Part. This should be what you needed.

Hi, great news, but let the possibility to keep both options (linked or not).
Thanks
BR
Alex alias kyru

Good point.

1. One more thing: The popup (layer add plugin) menu is very unreadable, since the texts are shortened, it takes me a long time to locate the right file (plugin,…) to select it.

2. It would also be very useful in a kind of media bay list to visualise all the files associated with a song.

do you have news for these points?

BR
Alex

That’s in the making.

1. One more thing: The popup (layer add plugin) menu is very unreadable, since the texts are shortened, it takes me a long time to locate the right file (plugin,…) to select it.
    do you have news for this point?
    BR
    Alex