Plugin Manager

I’m probably missing something, but when I’ve upgraded a whole step 10 to 11, 11 to 12, I’ve lost my Plugin Manager folder structure. Given I spent quite a while setting everything up how I like it, am I missing something?

Is there a way to port my old settings over to the new version?

Hello, you can try with profiles. I don’t remember if they include the settings in plug-in manager, as my last update was long ago. There is the manual way, too. Both are simple. This video shows how to do it from 9.5 to 10. I don’t know if it is still the same, but you can figure out if something has changed.

1 Like

It generally does this automatically. But some folks seem to have problems where it doesn’t migrate everything correctly. No one has identified why as far as I know. Often manually copying over files between the installations can fix it. Make sure to save a backup copy before overwriting a file.

2 Likes

Yup. I don’t know why either. No issue when it is an incremental update, but step updates have caused this every time.

Thanks for the replies. Will try.

[update] Brilliant! That works. :smiley:

I didn’t use the Export Profile option as I quite like things as they are in 12 apart from the Plugin Manager, so I used the 2nd copy and paste from the user folder option, which worked great from 11 to 12. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

I am glad it worked. That was pointed out by raino, too. And good to know what to do when I update later.