Plugin to keep volume constant when doing A/B comparisons?

Hi great topic and handling.

I have the Perception plug it is working fine, it is good value to me. I got It half price, keep watching the sales …

I had an isue that the levels on or off where not consistent,they should be the same, but It was another plug in that was making the problem, I wrote to the support, and it was solved fast.

But what I want to share is, when you need support conserning some issue with the Perception plug, Ian Shepherd’s is fast in replying, great support - that’s what I value a lot, haha what I need alot :stuck_out_tongue:

ok succes.

cubase 7.5.3 - I7 3770 Windows 8 64 bit - 32 gig ram - many ssd’s -

just port smart bypass from wavelab to cubase… we already have this tech…

smart bypass isn’t in Wave Lab elements neither :frowning:

So I tried Melda’s Mcomprare, and did a fine job, I even can had several points of reference If I want. So, I buy it

So I see on the Melda forum you bought MAutoCompare, Senor Distante. What are your thoughts so far? How are you using it? Any unexpected problems?

Thx!

Also Here:

:mrgreen:

I used the demo while mastering a song. I did a fine job, easy to use. I can’t do a fair comparative with “perception” since it doesn’t have a demo. But I don’t feel the need to buy it now so that is good :smiley:

The only trouble that I have so far was that if I press Auto set volume while listening and already have a calculate gain (+x dB), it sature the audio sometimes, but I think this is because I should not press auto calculate when the gain is already like +8dB : :unamused: :unamused:

Nice! I see they have a vid out, though just a teaser.

Tracking lately, hopefully before I get to mixing they will have it as one of their 40% off sale plug-ins!

This is the week for the MCompare sale - 29 Euros/$31. Can be found on the Melda site.

There is a bug I found in MCompare, which is major in my opinion.

The “Sync” button crashes Cubase every time when engaged in the “File” windows. The entire computer becomes unresponsive, and has to be restarted.

I discussed with the Creator, he said it was a known bug, and a fix would be coming soon.

I expressed my disappointment that this wasn’t made known to users, or potential purchasers. I had spent hours trying to troubleshoot this, thinking it was me, not the software (it usually is me). Melda had released a video on MCompare, and this very feature was highlighted and discussed, with no mention of any problems/bugs, etc.

Oh, I didn´t use it in Cubase (only in WaveLab Le while mastering) but is good to know!

Now, that is interesting! I actually had not heard of this bug at all in reading about the plug-in, I guess that plus your post makes it potentially a bug that only affects use in Cubase :-/ . Interesting, because the Creator/Developer uses Cubase. :confused:

Ozone 6 has a level matched bypass - don’t like Ozone plugs? No probs - load your own! The matching bypass still works.

How helpful

The bug is fixed in MCompare, it now works like a dream.

1. Comparing the sound of a track/clip/etc. when it is “processed” vs “unprocessed”(for example to help me answer the question, is this EQ and compression better-sounding, or do I just think it is because it’s louder?).

2. Quick A/B’ing among my project and any number of reference tracks that I want to load up (either from my project, or anywhere on my computer), and EBU-loudness matched also.

But I’m really posting back to give a double thumbs up re: the developer’s amazing customer support. I had trouble getting it to work on one of my projects, as it turned out because it started at Bar 50 and I wasn’t telling that to the plug-in correctly. The developer emailed back and forth, actually put together a youtube, and looked at a screen-capture vid I created. All for one single customer, at a time he was working on troubleshooting a new very large beta release. Amazing support!!

I give you that, Melda support is pretty good, also the developer is fairly active in his own kvr subforum