Hello my fellow Cubasers. Happy new year to all!
I have an odd issue that I can’t seem to consistently replicate, but it’s definitely debilitating… The problem is in 10.0.5… I have a project I’ve been working in. When I go to load an FX Chain (or any plugs really) in my Master Bus (or any group channel as well)… about 80% of them will be greyed out, and completely not functional. Like, I cannot click on them, cannot open them, cannot remove them.
Please check out a photo of the issue here:
Facts of the case:
- I’ve noticed this since upgrading to 10.0.5 from 10.0.3. But I don’t think that’s the issue, because:
- This does not happen in all projects, only some.
- Some of the projects that it occurs were converted from 8.5 projects, but I don’t think that’s the issue, because:
- Not all of the projects converted from 8.5 demonstrate this problem.
- All plugs are 100% purchased and legitimate.
- Notice the strange knob-thing next to the names of the greyed out plugs… Shouldn’t there by a bypass switch there like there is on the plugin on the bottom? This happens every time it occurs.
- Rebooting does not help
- Rescanning plugin’s does not help
- Anywhere from 20-30% of some of the plugins I can still load (such as that PAZ plugin in the picture) but it’s only a few like that.
- Seems to be a certain list of plugin’s that won’t load and grey out.
- Strangely, THIS DOES NOT OCCUR ON INDIVIDUAL AUDIO TRACKS! Just Group and Master Bus’s.
I’m still doing some testing to narrow it down some more, which I will update here… in the meantime… has anyone seen this bizarre behavior before? Any ideas as to what it may be? I did actually find a thread of someone who had the exact same problem in Cubase 9.5, but his issue went away the next day for some reason, and he never saw it again. This has been going on for days now.
Any insights would be massively appreciated here as I’m starting to get nervous - I have client projects due, and I’m at a total standstill because of this!