Point 32 bit and 64 bit versions to different Plugin Folders

Hello,

I am running both 32 bit and 64 bit Wavelab 8.5 under Windows 7. I have some plugins with both 32 and 64 bit versions installed (e.g., Sonnox). In the plug in settings, when I adjust the “Additional VST plug-ins folders” in one version the corresponding settings in the other version get erased (are blank). I know there’s a way around this. Can anyone help.

The two Wavelab versions have separate install locations. One is under C:\Program Files\Steinberg (that’s 64 bit) the other is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg.

Thanks,
BW

This is by design, the paths are independent for 32 and 64 bit. You simply have to put the same path in both WaveLab 32 and 64 bit.

I didn’t describe my problem properly.

First, I open WL8.5 (64bit) and enter “folder1 (actual path))” in the first slot of “Additional VST plug-in folders”. Then I click ok and close the program. If I immediately re-open WL8.5 (64bit), the folder1 path is there and the plug-ins are found. Closing 64bit, I open 32bit and enter “folder2 (actual path)” in slot one of “Additional VST plug-in folders”, click ok and close. If I immediately open 32bit, the folder2 path is there and plug-ins are found.

If I now open 64bit, the folder1 path has been “erased” (blank) and plug-ins are not found. If I re-enter the folder1 path, 64bit works again, but 32bit opens with folder2 path erased (blank).

I can’t put the 64bit .dlls and the 32bit .dlls in the same folder since some have the same name.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
BW

I can reproduce this problem. This will have to be fixed in next patch.

Thanks!
I finally built some Windows 7 computers so I’m happy with 8.5.

BW