POLL: Is C6 hanging on exit for you?

Today C6 totally died after pressing “X”,
even when the whole battery of USB-connected gear was neutralized.
Except the dongle. Should I try to put it out also? :unamused:

QuickTime upgraded.
Sonar is installed also, but I don’t think it is a problem.
So, the ball is in Steinberg’s hands.

Hey guys…obviously nobody is expected to read the entire thread. There may be a few things that you have missed, however.

This is not a Kontakt issue, it’s not a plug-in issue, it’s not a File > Quit vs. X issue, it’s not a USB/FW issue, it’s not a video engine issue.

This is from p.6:

Jeff Hayat wrote:
Once again to be clear:

Project open, NOT running, close Cubase, Cubase hangs occasionaly
No project open, close Cubase, Cubase hangs occasionaly

Happens with plug-ins loaded
Happens with no plug-ins loaded

This has NOTHING to do with 32-bit plugs. If the occasional hang happens with NO plugs loaded, and the occasional hang happens with some 32-bit plugs loaded, and the occasional hang happens with ONLY 64-bit plugs loaded, this obviously has NOTHING to do with 32-bit plugs. Please, let’s get off the 32-bit plug area. Thank you.

Johnny B Richman wrote:
+1
I observe exactly the same scenarios which Jeff just described thoroughly and I agree with his conclusions.

Bernard Focquet wrote:
+1
Same here…

Cheers,
Bernard

Arjan P wrote:
+1 - Exactly! Well put.

Luck, Arjan

And to add to that (this was not stated above) I do not run Cubase with the video engine, which is why I say that the vid eng can not be the culprit.

Cheers.

The hooks to hang the video engine code on is still there, and stuff depending on it. You can’t disregard it unless you’ve checked it. You’d be amazed …

I guess there may be a few issues, so here’s mine summarized:

Cubase 6.05 x64 hangs on EXIT 100% of the time, whether a project has been active, or not, with plugs, or not, either via File->Quit or Red ‘X’.

So for the POLL question “Is C6 hanging on exit for you?” the answer is… yes!

Cheers!

Define ‘hooks’

no

As I thought!

no

Yep!

No. Wait, what?

For me too - regularly!
I have the same config (6.05 x64), no dependence discovered. But except the message, no other issues.

This is a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR bug. I am completely fatigued of having to reboot the computer to get Cubase to exit. Is Steinberg listening?

I have had occasional hangs using C6 in 32 bit version, running on Windows 7 64 bit platform. The only consistent cause seems to be that the larger the file, the more this tends to happen. I typically close the program in 2 steps -first close the song, then the actual program. Hope this helps solve the issue.
Joey Daddario

Me too

First of all sorry for not reading myself through the whole thread, so my problem may have been mentioned before.

For me Cubase 6.0 was working perfectly but the latest update 6.05 causes a crash on exit (100%). Nevertheless projects can be saved and re-opened without any problem. Also the free Alchemy player GUI won’t show up, instead just a black nothing. Therefore I decided to go back to the 6.0 version.

I have been running Cubase 6 on Windows 7 64 bit without any trouble for some time suddenly it hangs on closing 80% of the time. I have tried everything suggested in this posting and it still happens. I suspect it is since I upgraded to 6.05. I haven’t tried rolling back to 6.00.

What disappoints me is there doesn’t appear to be any response from Steinberg. Come on guys I have been a loyal user since the MIDI only days. I can’t afford to loose the time it takes me to reboot every time I change projects. We need you to acknowledge that there is a problem and to fix it.

For the record it tends to happen more frequently on the larger projects, it does it with projects using standard Cubase plug-ins only. Some times I have to close using task manager; sometime I have to reboot the whole operating system.

I am running an Intel® Core™ i5CPU 760 @280Ghz 280Ghz RAM 3.00GB

Windows professional with Service pack 1 and an M-Audio Project mix Firewire audio interface and control surface

Never had any problems like hanging on exit in Cubase 6 on Win7 eiter 64-bit nor 32-bit. I Run them both for about one year now on a dedicated i7-920 studio PC.

Just upgraded to 6.5. Still crashes on exit every time! :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

That’s sad news!
Since 6.05 didn’t work for me I’d appreciate, if more people on here share their experiences with the upgrade 6.5.

Cheers!

I have been using Cubase 6.0.0 - 6.0.5 x64 everyday for work on my W7 x64 i7 2600k system since last May. I have never seen it hang on exit, not even once.