[poll] which would you describe yourself as?

Which would you describe yourself as when considering your primary use of Cubase?

• Composer
  • Audio Engineer
  • A 50/50 mix of both roles?

0 voters

With respect to your use of Cubase. The topic Can Someone explain VCA faders to me please? - Steinberg Lounge - Steinberg Forums got me to wondering what is the landscape of usage of the product. In that topic someone made an interesting statement… composer vs mix desk operator… which made me think Hmmmmm… :laughing:

Yeah.
I had to think on it for a minute because “Composer” means a lot more to me personally . .
But I make a lot more money - a whole heck of a lot more - as a “Mix Desk Operator”, so . . .

There you go.

I chose “both”.

Hugh

I put 50/50 even though I’m rubbish at production because as a ‘‘composer’’ nowadays you have to be able to do a bit of engineering/production stuff or the music would never get out there…
does that make sense…?

Kevin

This (except for making money, but many projects I do are mixing/editing for others, even more than composing although that is the more fun of the 2.

Perhaps all that compose with a DAW are by default both, in the old days, I shared a studio with a brilliant engineer, so I would write, he would mix, was a good arrangement… but made me lazy too. Now I do it all…

Good point. :wink:

Regards. :sunglasses:

Now, if we were to post the same poll/question to an Avid PT audience, do you think the results would be different?

Nooo, they’d just tell you PT is the Industry Standard…

You’re saying that they wouldn’t even read the question? :laughing: