Polyphonic Step Sequencer

Hi, my first post in the forum.
I’m trying to use Halion Sonic to emulate a clean guitar and using the Step Sequencer to generate some patterns, the problem is that is monophonic so I can’t play more than one note at the time, any ideas how to do it?

Thanks,

Johann

Use a MIDI track?

Thanks, I’ve added Halion Sonic SE as a VST Instrument so now I can select it as input when creating a MIDI track, but no matter what I do I can’t record anything on that MIDI track and also I can’t use the Key Editor (it’s disabled). I’m sure there is something very basic that I’m missing but I can’t see it, any ideas?

Thanks!

Johann
Cubase.jpg

You should spend some quality time with the manual. Of course you can’t open the Key Editor without first creating an event.

Fool Of A Took! I was just missing changing the assigned action to my left mouse button to use Draw instead of Object selection, then I could create an event and then use the Key Editor, reading the manual helped.

Still when recording I was expecting if I was pressing the Halion keyboard keys it would create an event itself, like performing without a real keyboard using the Halion interface…

No, can’t record via a plug’s GUI. Virtual Keyboard is another matter.

Glad to see someone take a suggestion to read the manual the right way. :sunglasses: