Poor graphic performance

Exactly. Maybe they porting graphics to new layout so it will be great and smooth on Cubase 8.

I’ll have to deny that “fact”(oid) on my system. Been stable for a long time on many computers and Cubase versions. The coding is fine on a normal computer. Maybe you need to do some minor work on your graphics or buy a new graphics card. Your computer a laptop by any chance?

No laptop. My computer is quite powerful and also the graphics card (Geforce GTX 580). I have another computer with a much slower graphic card and it shows almost the same (bad) graphic performance.

Maybe you are used to this kind of slugginess… but I’ve doing video games since the old 8 bit computer days and for the sake of Christ I can not understand why is everything moving so slow in modern computers. To me it’s clearly inefficient coding. On the contrary, other tasks within Cubase are quite fast!

“Used to sluggishness…” I don’t find Cubase slow at all. Mixer’s just, erm normal. Suppose it could be a millisecond in it but nothing I’d call noticeable. I’ve got a GTX 9600 GSO, few years old now. All basic settings. And I started dismantling Ataris way back.
If it’s inefficient coding maybe you have some expertise to impart to Steinberg. They are always advertising jobs.

are we looking in the right place …
look at your asio driver ?? has it jumped to the windows default driver after a crash ???
try re-instaling your audio cards driver one step older if you have a new driver or the other way if your driver is older …
also in the gui options in win 7 check that the animate effects whilst resizing windows and or drag and drop is checked … if so uncheck that … try … if not checked then the other way around …

looking at your ram … you should be loading samples to ram are you ?? if so try not doing this see if it makes any change …
also … and it is my opinion (only i think ) our mindset towards our windows and door setup is still based on windows xp or earlier… the tweeks we used as standard for our daw are not always relevant today . 1: cubase codes are more than likley rewritten to compensate os weak/strong points. , 2 os codes are continually getting more app friendly (or not) …
also try to keep the option " run applications in the background" ON…

my post may or may not help … but it may get you thinking in another direction but what ever happens good luck and pls post when you fix it so others can benefit from your knowledge gained…

all the best -
T

Dear All,

I have a similar problem with Cubase Artist 8…the graphics performance is weak and the VST performance is a crap. I managed to set it to PERFORMANCE MODE and seems that the VST performance got better but not the best to work with. I have a MOTU 2408 mk2 sound card with its own proprietary drivers. I tried to change to ASIO4ALL driver to see if the problem reoccurs. But no luck the VST performance remained the same with the ASIO4ALL…struggling to work.

I believe that Steinberg has to provide a fix for this problem and VERY SOON. In fact im using a trial CA8 to evaluate the product. Im not going to buy the product unless im 100% sure that the problem is resolved. I will remain with my old CS5 for the time being.

Steinberg Cubase 11 has Laggy GUI Graphic Problem on both Intel & AMD GPU
I am on Windows 20H2

i tried on Aorus GTX1080ti, RX 5700 XT 50th & RX570 three GPU
Studio One 5 was no problem on both GPU.

• I tried few Drivers installed using DDU tools via Safe mode
  • Disabled HDMI Audio Driver
  • Disabled all kinds of stuff like Windows Defender.
  • GeForce control panel set to Performance Mode
  • Tried all resolution

I’m out of ideas now.

Steinberg must fix this…or maybe Vienna Ensemble Pro?

I included video here

https://youtu.be/p7iwZFC2ayM