Poor text rendering in Cubase 7.0.3

Text in Cubase 7 is less crisp and therefore much more difficult to read than in 6.5.

To recreate:-

1. Create an empty project
  2. Add an instrument track with HALion Sonic SE.
  3. Create a MIDI event on the track
  4. Open the Key editor
  5. Text in the Inspector, Status and Info lines is difficult to read.

Attached are screenshots from Cubase 7.0.3 and Cubase 6.5.4 which clearly show the difference, C 6.5 being much crisper.

I’m using OS X 10.8.3 on a 2008 iMac 24" with a 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4GB of RAM. Graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS 512 MB
C6.5 display.jpg
C7 display.jpg

Yes, this is a much discussed problem.

7.0.4 looks like a good update, but I was disappointed to see that text rendering was just as bad.

Have you looked at the rack in the mix console? I think that is where they made changes, not in the project window.

Yes, the. mixer is much better and looks very good now. The remaining problem with poor text is in the various editors, but hopefully this will be fixed at some point.

Has this improved at all in 7.0.4? I keep wondering about upgrading from 6.5 but get put off every time I look at the screen shot of the C7 editor. Call me fussy, but… :wink:

Key Editor Cubase 7.0.5:

Thanks Steve, the text still looks more ragged than in C6.5, but the chord editing options are so tempting.

I’ve found the chord track and editing tools very handy.

Yes, that’s what I liked most about the demo. I think I’ll finally be upgrading, at least I’ll be able to join in the fun.