pops and clicks RME HDSPe aio

Hi G
You do not say if you have multi monitors, if you do check if the pops occur when you move the cursor between screens, if so change your multi screen settings.
I too was questioning my RME “previously unthinkable” I lost 3 weeks out my life and loads of good vocal takes with that one, until some nice chap on the forum put me wise

Regards T

hey,

I do have a dual monitor set up,I thought about that being the cause, but tested with only one monitor plugged in and had the same problem. What did you have to change in your dual monitor settings?

thanks!

G

Are you using 64 bit cubase on Windows? You might have already mentioned this but I’m not going through all the posts.

hey,

64bit cubase 7 ,win 7 64.

thnx
G

Cool, are you using any 32bit plugins? If so are you using JBridge?

no 32bit plugins.

thnx
G

I’m out of ideas then. Sorry. I know exactly how frustrating this is so I feel bad for you.

@tenor4

Ugh! I have almost the EXACT same issue as you with a similar build (i7 3829 x79 sabertooth 64gb ram, Samsung SSDs).
This post is 4 years old, did you sort it out? I also bought the RME AIO, and it doesn’t perform any better than my M audio 2626 or a zoom uac 2. I’m at a loss.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Cubase 8.040
RME HDSPe AIO
Win 10 Pro 64-bit
i7 3820 3.6ghz
64 gb ram
Samsung pro ssds

I was kinda just skimming this post but I think its the same as my issue midi no clicks pops no cpu or vst performance drops and any audio track playing crackles for ever and randomly can’t work in cubase right now other daws work with mbox 2 driver but cubase doesn’t work with audio tracks… I posted but a mod needs to aproove it this is the post:

Hey I am experiencing audio clicks and crackling at random intervals it is not the recorded audio it is not the cpu or vst performance I have reinstalled drivers a thousand times Asio Mbox 2 driver and Asio4all…

The Asio4all just clicks and nothing is playable and the Mbox asio can play midi cleanly no artifacts but any audio tracks click crackle and pop lol. (I am very frustrated after tons of wasted time 10+ hours troubleshooting)

Reinstalled cubase although only a repair reinstalled I don’t want to unistalled and have to reinstall all my plugs and 3rd party as well.

Ummm… so yea the mic is fine I can use other daws and the card works perfect so its not the interface.

The Asio4all doesnt seem to work in other daws atm driver just drops right away.

Not sure what I am missing here…

I fixed my issue and it had to do with Visual C++ installation check here: Cubase Crackling AudioTracks! (Mbox2) - #3 by Cloud - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Hi
I also have an issue with my AIO - It runs as crap as the generic drivers
I Have a decent system like you , 99% passmark test and 8.7 windows experience
I use win 8 as I know how to tweek it to run well
I have a super PC for games but it doesn’t seem to translate into DAW production
I just did a new SSD clean install of Win 8 with basic cubase and nothing else. No internet etc.
And even with no project loaded the Performance meter is showing signal at 256 buffer on my AIO
And I get the odd spike about 2 per minute
Removed all hardware possible, disabled loads in Device manager , performance tweeks ,bios tweeks etc. etc
I have tried literally everything, all pcie slots, power settings, the Visual C suggested on here
NOTHING WORKED :imp:

So how did you get on - I am thinking just to get another card - this has been a pain in my butt for nearly 1 year and now I cant even work on it since my projects are large and ready to mixdown

Cheers
Stu