Possessed audio clips moving on their own

Hello,

I’ve recently had an issue when recording audio clips and trying to move them inside of a project. This seems to only happen when I’m using the Wave Tune plugin on any particular track. Other projects don’t seem to be affect by this. But I’m not quite sure.

The problem is moving an audio clip only slightly then triggers the clip to begin moving on its own. At First very slowly…but if I try to stop it, it freaks out and darts around the timeline. It then completely freezes Cubasis causing me to restart the app…and even after a restart the problem continues.

I can’t use Cubasis anymore until this glitch is fixed. It has practically shut down two paid recording sessions dead in the middle and I can’t afford to lose anymore money behind this glitch. Please address this problem!

Thank you

Hi dramasticmusic,

Thank you for your bug report.
We are sorry to read that you have issues using Cubasis.

Are you able to provide us with a project, where the issue appears, to allow our engineers reproducing the problem?

If so, please upload the project via Dropbox or similar, and let me have the download link via PM.

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes
& stay healthy,
Lars

I also have this issue. And I don’t think it was with clips using the Wave tune Plugin. If I try to move an audio clip it just wanders off on it’s own. And then Cubasis is unusable for a while until I can undo. i can only move the clips using cut and paste which is annoying as hell.

I am happy to share my project if that will help.

Hi gordonrobb,

Thanks for your message.

If I try to move an audio clip it just wanders off on it’s own. And then Cubasis is unusable for a while until I can undo. i can only move the clips using cut and paste which is annoying as hell.

I am happy to share my project if that will help.

We are already in preparation of an update, that plans to resolve the problem.
Your support would be of great help.

If possible, please upload the steps how to reproduce the issue, alongside with the project and maybe a short clip via Dropbox, and let me have the download link via private message.

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Lars

It does NOT happen with a simple clip. I noticed it starting with this project and assume that it’s something to do with the system getting overloaded at some point. However…

1. Select a segment (not sure what an individual bit is called)
  2. Press and hold on it, and then move
  3. Let go, and watch it wander off.

In the attached video, I am trying to move the selected piece just over slightly, but you can see what it does. I will Private message you a Dropbox link for the project. Let me know if you need anything else.

Edit: it won’t let me upload the video from my iPad so I will include it in the drop box link.

Just going to try this to see if it works…

Btw, it’s not just audio clips that do it. The Midi ones do too.

HI gordonrobb,

Thank you very much for the additonal information here and via private message - all shared with our engineering.

Our engineers are able to reproduce the problem, we are working on an immediate fix.

Thanks again,
Lars

Problem is now solved with the latest update! Thanks to the team :wink:

1 Like

Hi jejefunkyman,

Problem is now solved with the latest update! Thanks to the team :wink:

Thanks for the confirmation.
Indeed, the “moving events” issue has been resolved in the latest Cubasis 3.2.1 update:

Best wishes,
Lars

2 Likes

You guys are awesome!! Thank you so much!

1 Like