Possible GUI Bug

I don’t know if this is a bug or an issue with my set up - but it’s only started following my update to Cubase 12.

When Cubase first loads, the bottom of the mix console isn’t rendered properly. As in pic 1. As soon as I zoom, or do any arranging of the windows, the gui then renders correctly, as in pic 2.

I’m using a dual monitor set up, with two completely different monitors - so it’s maybe related to that - but as I say, it is an issue thats new in Cubase 12.

Hi,

Which graphic card do you use, please? Do you have the latest driver installed, please?

Sorry - I should have said. It’s an NVidia GeForce GT710. Yes - I do have the latest drivers installed.

Hi,

Please try this:

• Download the latest Studio driver version from here. If there is no Studio driver for your graphic card, use the one, which is available and continue with the same steps bellow.
  • Disconnect the computer from Internet to make sure Windows will not download and install own graphic driver.
  • Uninstall the NVIDIA driver.
  • Restart computer.
  • Start the NVIDIA driver installation (as administrator).
  • Don’t install the whole package, use the Custom (Advanced) settings.
  • Disable everything (don’t install NVIDIA Experience, PhysX, etc.), keep just the video driver enabled.
  • Connect your computer to the internet.

Hi.

Thanks Martin. That is how I installed my driver. There isn’t a studio driver available. I will try another fresh gfx driver install though - just to be sure.

I did another clean install of the gfx card driver. Still the same issue

Hi,

Do you have a chance to test with other graphic card, please? Do you have built-in graphic card on the mother board by any chance?

Same here.
BUT - only if left and right zone is disabled.

I’ll try with the built in graphics at some point - when I can bring myself to root around the back of the computer! I did just fire up Cubase 11, though, and it’s not happening there.

That’s interesting - maybe it’s something to do with mix console zones. I’ve got several configs set up with various elements enabled or disabled.

Nothing to do with graphics. I have Intel built in on Asus and never had problems.
This is only since update to version 12.