possible improvement for fingering

Hi guys, just a thought here. When you have entered fingering and want to go back and edit/delete it, shift F brings up the pop up with the cursor at the end of the fingering number (which is great for deleting etc). However, when moving from this popover to the next fingering with the right arrow key, the cursor pops to the start of the next fingering number in the pop up. I would suggest the same behaviour as when pressing shift F putting the cursor at the end of the number, as the cursor at the start doesn’t make too much sense.

Just a thought. Let me know what you think. Cheers
Luke

Dorico puts the cursor at the end when you go left, and at the start when you go right, which makes sense to me.

I understand, but hear me out a little longer. Just try this. Enter 4 bars of quarter notes in 4/4. Now go to the beginning and shift F. Enter a number, then hit right arrow and enter until end. Ok. Now go back to the start. Hit shift F on the first note. Yes that looks good. 3rd finger, whatever. Hit right and you think, no actually it should be the 4th finger. Now have to hit delete instead of backspace. Ok. Keep hitting right now to get to each of the next fingerings. You have to hit right twice for each note just to get to the next one. Perhaps it’s my work flow of “testing” the fingerings by starting from the beginning and hitting right to go through them testing if they work. Most do, and I just find it a bit longer to have to hit right twice for every correct note.

Or what if when you hit right AND fingering is already present, you could automatically have the current fingering number highlighted (selected) making it easy to simply enter a new number immediately, or easily hit right to get to the next fingerling, or left to go to the previous. Dunno.

Cheers guys.

All of the popovers that can be advanced in this way (e.g. lyrics, chord symbols) work the same way as the fingering popover, and I’m not sure it would be ideal to make them work differently in this regard, but I will talk about it with the team.