Possible issue on the Mixer Channel position after hiding it

Hi VL team,

I don’t know if this is expected behavior, but I realized that after hiding a Channel that occupied a certain position in the Mixer, saving the project and reopening it, when the hidden channel is redisplayed, the original position of that channel is lost.

Below are the elementary steps to highlight the issue using the TestOrderOnVisibility.vlprj project:

1. Open the TestOrderOnVisibility.vlprj project
  2. In the Mixer section, using the Visibility function, hide the channel labeled Group 2
  3. Save the project and reload it
  4. Reactivate the display of the channel labeled as Group 2
  5. The channel Group 2 no longer occupies the original position in the Mixer (the one obtained in step 1)

TestOrderOnVisibility.zip (7.6 KB)

… oh, we’ll check,
Michael.

1 Like

Hi @Spork ,

unfortunately it seems that even after the introduction of the reordering functionality in the latest versions of VL, the issue I reported in this post persists.

If you try the proposed test case again, it seems you get the same incorrect result. :frowning:

The problem seems to be that in the case of a hidden channel, this channel is “pushed” to the bottom of the list created in Visibility taking into account the type of channel and then when it is made visible it obviously occupies a different position from the initial one.

Hi @Spork ,

a kind reminder, in particular for my last reply in which I probably provided you with an important element in understanding the cause of the issue.

As always, thanks for the support. :blush:

Hi @spork,

compatibly with the highest priorities that you will surely have given yourself, do you think it is possible to also address this issue that I reported?

In my penultimate post I also provided a further element that should support the solution to the issue.

Thanking you for the support. :blush:

… yes, sorry, we are on the fix,
Michael.

1 Like

… fixed, next update. Thank you for your reminder,
Michael.

1 Like

Thanks to you, Michael! :slight_smile:

… before I forget : You need to “re-save” your current project once. Then the channel position of hidden groups (or other channel) will be restored correctly.

See you,
Michael.

1 Like

Ok, perfect, thanks! :wink:

Hi @Spork,

maybe it’s me who didn’t understand something in your indications, but I continue to encounter behavior that I would define as anomalous in the management of the position of the mixer channel in the case of a hidden channel which is then made visible again.

I’ll give you this simple example below:

1. Create a new VL project and add two Group channels to the Mixer
  2. Save and reload the project
  3. The two Group channels are presented in the desired order, i.e. in the Group 1-Group 2 sequence

1. Hide the Group 1 channel

1. Save and reload the project and make the Group 1 channel visible again
  2. The two Group channels now appear in an order that is not the one initially established, i.e. they are now in the Group 2-Group 1 sequence

I’m waiting for your new feedback, thanks! :blush:

… hm, thank you. Then we need to check again. Sorry. We’ll keep you in the loop,
Michael.

1 Like

Hi @Spork,

any news relating to this post of mine from about a month ago now? :wink:

Hi @Spork,

missed post, low priority issue or something else? :pleading_face:

… a mix of everything, I guess. Sorry, let me check …

/Michael.

1 Like

Hi @Giuseppe_Loffredo,

we finally fixed it. Next Version. Please give it a try and let us know your experience.

See you,
Michael.

Hi @Spork,

excellent, I’ll wait for the fix to be released and I’ll let you know the outcome of my tests. :wink:

Hi @Spork,

unfortunately it seems that even with version 1.4.8, hiding/showing a channel in the Mixer still has an incorrect impact on the predetermined order of the channels.

Let’s assume we start from the following situation:

We hide Group 1, save the project and reload it and we already obtain in the Order Part section an unwanted modification of the expected order which is inconsistent with the current order of the channels actually obtained in the Mixer:

At this point we hide OUT 1, save and reload the project, thus obtaining:

And obviously, by showing the OUT 1 channel, you once again get the unwanted change to the order of the channels in the Mixer:

I look forward to your feedback, thank you.

… ah, I see. Yes, I can reproduce that one. The OUT channel order is wrong, too. Thank you.

… yes, I see it. It’s an complicated topic. Okay, let’s try again with round #3, thank you.

/Michael.

1 Like

Ok @Spork, so I’m waiting for the result of the next round! :slightly_smiling_face:

:crossed_fingers: