Possible Issue With Track Presets

Hi,

Seeing something that doesn’t appear quite right.

1. Select Track Preset “AM Bass 3 DI Pop M”
    This loads the following under strip tab: “Tape Saturation”, “EQ Position”, and “Vintage Compressor”

2. Under “Tape Saturation” I select “Not Loaded” and the “Sat” goes grey indicating not loaded.

3. I select “Reload Track Preset” (i.e., |<< ), and everything is restored as in #1 step.

4. Select Track Preset “Pop Bass”
    This loads the following under strip tab: “Tape Saturation”, “EQ Position”, and “Vintage Compressor”

5. Under “Tape Saturation” I select “Not Loaded” and the “Sat” goes grey indicating not loaded.

6. I select “Reload Track Preset” (i.e., |<< ), but the “Sat” stays grey indicating not loaded.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi,

I was investigating on this and the issue is different. The Pop Bass preset is probably very old, so it doesn’t contain an information about the Channel Strip at all. So if you load it as the first preset (you don’t load AM BASS 3 DI Pop M preset before), there are no Channel Strip modules in the preset at all. But, if you load AM BASS 3 DI Pop M beforehand, the Channel Strip settings remain from this preset even after loading Pop Bass.

That doesn’t make the situation better, but it’s a different bug source than you have described.

Could you confirm, please?

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, you explanation is confirmed.

Mike

Hi,

Thank you for confirmation. I reported to Steinberg.