Possible Noob Question: Saving MIDI Files/Media Bay?

Well Suntower, thanks for the warning about the MIDI loop video. I have never seen someone use a fart for sound demo purposes (well maybe I have but that included a lighted match).

I ran some more test and can confirm that the button for export MIDI LOOP is greyed out when using a MIDI track even when there is no rack instrument.

Using an instrument track I have just done the following:

Created an instrument track, loaded it with all sorts of settings including inserts expression maps, note expressions, mid modifiers and even note pad entries. Exported this as a MIDI loop, found it in Media Bay, demoed it in Media bay, then imported into a fresh track, complete with the original track. It is identical to the original track. It’s simple to do.

I say your issue is actually with MIDI tracks which are destined for Rack instruments rather than with MIDI Loops per se. Somehow they want to wed themselves to the rack instrument which is not exported.

I respectfully suggest change to instrument tracks, but this does not solve your the problem of your historical library of sounds/settings

Z

Thank you guys! I am mainly using it for my External Synth. I am going to give it a try. Thank you Steve for all the great tips as always!

Doing something similar today. Found a workaround. When you’re creating your MIDI library, make an instrument track and drag your merged MIDI file down there. Then you can save export it to Media Bay. After you’ve made your loops, you can get rid of the instrument track, search for your loops in the Media Bay file browser, and drag your MIDI loops into a regular MIDI track for a rack instrument. It feels like some unnecessary steps in setup, but once your MIDI library is setup, you never have to mess with the instrument track again.